Should a POTUS (any POTUS) be granted immunity from prosecution for crimes committed while in office?

Should a POTUS (any POTUS) be granted immunity from prosecution for crimes committed while in office

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
I can play this game too. You want the SC to have more power because the current imbalance benefits you, even though you just got done telling me it’s more impartial?

Impeachments are rare, and their process is spelled out in the constitution. This discussion is pointless.
Don't be a dick. Read what I said again. I pointed out that the current imbalance of the SC is what frightens you, but I did NOT state that the current SC is more impartial.

Don't be a dick. Read what I said again. I pointed out that the current imbalance of the SC is what frightens you, but I did NOT state that the current SC is more impartial.
Accusing me that the current make up of the court frightens me in this context is an implication that I would selfishly want the government to do what I want to bypass the current process because of its balance. That is insulting. YOU are being the dick.

Although I had never in the past called you a dick, I apologize for telling you not to be dick in the midst of this attempt to engage you in an adult like discussion.

As to my suggestion of bypassing the Senate post impeachment forwarding it to the SC? Do you really think I was serious? I asked you "what ya think?" Perhaps you were right (post #80). This discussion is pointless. It's over.

I'm more than content and entertained to simply sit back and watch you and BP beating each others horses to death.

Although I had never in the past called you a dick, I apologize for telling you not to be dick in the midst of this attempt to engage you in an adult like discussion.

As to my suggestion of bypassing the Senate post impeachment forwarding it to the SC? Do you really think I was serious? I asked you "what ya think?" Perhaps you were right (post #80). This discussion is pointless. It's over.

I'm more than content and entertained to simply sit back and watch you and BP beating each others horses to death.
You should make up your mind and tell me if it was an adult discussion, or you weren’t being serious.

Dave M, dig your Limey ass sometimes but PLEASE stop searching and pasting links. Engage in conversation and debate here but let your own words and arguments stand for you.
What makes a Canadian a Limey mate? :-)
I get it, you don't like to read. That's OK... sort of... well, maybe not... Here... Amy said it better than I would have...

IF YOUR TIME IS SHORT​

• In December 2020, U.S. Rep. Mike Johnson, R-La., sought to persuade Republican colleagues to sign an amicus brief in support of a lawsuit asking the U.S. Supreme Court to toss out results from four states.
  • Johnson voted against certifying the vote for Joe Biden in January 2021.
  • Johnson spread debunked falsehoods about voter fraud following the 2020 election.

What about Conservative Constitutional Christians who mostly lean libertarian?
That would be me, though I blur lines. I disagree with overturning of Roe v Wade, but agree it never should’ve been a Federal decision in the first place. That said I agree that it’s a State issue now and not something that should be a Federal crime due to all of the specific-case variable involved. I also believe we should have free basic medical care similar to the UK. Have a spinal break? You’re in immediate care. Have excess gas or pain in your elbow, make an appt and be seen in 3 months. Also agree with free post HS education but with stipulations on GPA to maintain it. Also believe in less government control and I think IRS should be abolished and based on a set spending tax. That’s a tricky one but it can be done and written to be effective IMO. Dept of Education? Oh vey. It’s bad at the Federal level and gets more convoluted at State and local levels. Better can be done. Christian moi? You bet, but it’s personal and I’m not a preacher, pusher, or spreader of my personal beliefs.

Oh yeah, 2nd amendment rights? Absolutely agree but it should be amended IMO. I’m not sure assault and military type rifles are needed in context of defending one’s life and property. Nonetheless, why not differentiate a CCW permit to differentiate between pistols and single shit hunting rifles and more stringent approval for fully or semi-automatic assault rifles?

Oh yeah, 2nd amendment rights? Absolutely agree but it should be amended IMO. I’m not sure assault and military type rifles are needed in context of defending one’s life and property. Nonetheless, why not differentiate a CCW permit to differentiate between pistols and single shit hunting rifles and more stringent approval for fully or semi-automatic assault rifles?
Hey Dave Matthews. You’re a Limey and you guys have a no-gun policy. How is your crime across the pond and does it work in reducing crimes deaths?

This is one time I will respect your input here so don’t fukk it up and don’t post links. You should know that data already so just share with us gun-toting countries your experience and any google data just from your own words.

Back