Short-Scale Tele or Strat Conversion Necks

I put 11s on my epi hollow body and the tension seems much closer to my strats with 10s now. I hated the short scale with 10s.

I put 11s on my epi hollow body and the tension seems much closer to my strats with 10s now. I hated the short scale with 10s.
That's another thing I should try.
I have a Schecter C-1 Plus that I loath and one of the reasons is the rubbery string feel.
Maybe 11's'll take care of that. I've been meaning to try it. It'd be nice to have that Schecter play decent enough that I could use it for beach gigs where it'll get destroyed by salt instead of any guitar that I cared about.

Muttley and Light, if you guys are reading this thread.....

I think I understand from past threads that with shorter scale necks, less effort is required for string bends because of reduced tension on the strings (everything else being equal). Do you think that the shorter scale would have a significant difference in tone, attack, etc.?

Definitely will be different but exactly how I can't say.

Oooh, a 24" scale. That does sound like fun. Bet those upper frets get a little crowded, though.

Just like playing on a set of rubber bands. Ick.

I do use 24.75" on a lot of my guitars, and 25.4 (Martin's long scale) on a lot of my guitars, but get shorter than 24.75 and you have to use heavy strings to make it sound right to me. Or tune it way up - that's cool too.

Light

"Cowards can never be moral."
M.K. Gandhi

Back