Short Progressive Song - mix thoughts

well done, this is pretty much the best thing ive heard on here in a while. Its a shame no1 has looked at it, progressive on this board means some guy has a wank on his guitar over a midi beat.
mix wise, its pretty good although i would like to hear more snare.

Hey, I very rarely post anything (I'm really much better at just lurking) but I just wanted to throw in that I really, really love the song. Sounded, to me anyway, very Yes/Rush-ish, if that's what you were going for or not...

Otherwise, as far as the mix goes; I'm still kinda learning about this stuff, but it sounded pretty darn professional. I could make out each part clearly and the EQ and whatnot sound great both in my headphones and just my speakers.

Anyway, yeah, nice job man, look forward to hearing more!

Like the tune, well recorded, not crazy about the dirty guitar sound. very midrangy. What did you use for guitar sound?

Wow, you really smashed the living daylights out of this one, eh? Great song, great mix, but give it some dynamic breathing room, like the old prog rock LP's had. That's part of what makes them so special.

Yes, it's quite Yes-like. Very ambitious vocally and you pulled it off. Drums, guitars sound good, nice chops on display too. Well mixed. For me it really comes together from about 2.00. Cool stuff

Cheers everyone. Briefcase man has a good point, comparitive to the old 70's records. The guitars were Stratocasters thru Mesa/Boogie MkIV amp, and Fender quadbox. Plain ol' 57.

What did you use/do to master it, was it multiband? It does sound clean for how loud it is. I can never get things that loud without more artifacts, but I don't use multiband compression either. I'm sure someday I'll have a band in that will want a super loud master, so it might help.

Good prog here, love the changes... acoustic sounds nice coming in. Nice vox, group vox sound good too. End really rocks... this is a song you could definitely expand upon if you like, a lot of neat things going on and to build with. Cheers :)

Sounds like Yes meets Styx. :cool:

Very cool, I am a big prog fan. Nice and tight. Vocals are buried at times, hard to make the words out. The song itself kicks ass, well done. :)

Wow - how come my Stratocaster doesn't sound like that? LOL ...... I just love all the textures and tones you're getting out of the guitars here. The songwriting is top notch - definitely top prog.... The vocalist is scarey good...

A+++

:D :) :D :)

Back