short little melodic instrumental

Great guitar work..

I'm not a mixing engineer so I am not sure how you would go about achieving it..Clarity..the guitar work is bad ass I just think it seemed like if it was muffled or something...up front and personal clarity ( to me ) seemed to be missing.

You damn kids shred like fricking animals these days..good guitar work dude! Oh yeah...just for shits n giggles I thought it'd be fun if you panned the guitar harmonies back n forth in those parts..

Yeah, I'd buy that. Good stuff man! You remind me of a buddy of mine. :)

I would actually agree with TAE there. There is a bit to be desired with the amp sim thing. I know how this is a convenience deal and I am not about to start a discussion on that, but there is something that seems to be missing with every amp sim I have heard. Never been able to place a finger on the difference between a real amp and a sim. A real amp just has something organic that can't be matched. Of course that involves a bunch more work to find the right one to pull up the needed tone for a track like this.

Still, the performance and song are quite impressive. Great stuff!

Damn fine guitar work, man. Not only the playing, but being able to find a sound on a POD that doesn't sound like hammered shit. That's a really good sound you're getting from it, I'm very surprised to learn that it's coming from a modeler. That's one of the few tones that I've heard from a POD that would potentially convince me that it was a mic'd cabinet.

The snare and the hi-hat are the only things that stick out to me...they definitely sound canned. The bass sounds good...is it a sim as well?

Thanks guys. Ya the bass is prominy sr5.

this is the first one recently I wasn't really sold on the pod tone either. I do think it sounds pretty good but with a guitar line totally out front and exposed I felt something unnatural with it and couldn't dial it out in mixing.

I ended up cutting some higher freqs that were offending. This may have resulted in TAEs observation. It wasn't the classic fizz from thenpods.. It was a weird raspy sound.

Maybe I'll revisit the tone some more before next tune. Thanks again for everyone's comments

You really have this guitar talking man. The track takes you on a journey! Mixing is nice and balanced, but maybe even consider uploading the stems to the mix this forum for a different view on what you could do with it. I would love to attempt something like that.

Back