shipping to australia - question please help

Status
Not open for further replies.

jrhoden

...And Justice For All
i have a g-major that someone wants to buy who lives in australia
i live in atlanta georgia
is it difficult shipping to australia? other than the extra shipping costs.
is customs an issue ?
is there anything i need to know about shipping there?

thanks

I shipped once to France... never again, sell local...

taxes, duties, customs, vat... I didn't get screwed... but it was too much effort

Shouldn't be a problem. I have had lots of stuff shipped from the US (and Europe) to Australia and none of it has arrived damaged or had any hassles along the way. It's a G-Major guitar effect processor yes? US Post should be able to handle that. Pack it well and calculate the postage based on the all up packed weight / size, that's all.

You can probably find out the cost to ship it on line.

Tax is only an issue in Australia if it costs more than $1,000 Australian dollars and that's the receivers problem not the shippers. They have to pay to get it through customs at the Australian end.

i have a g-major that someone wants to buy who lives in australia
i live in atlanta georgia
is it difficult shipping to australia? other than the extra shipping costs.
is customs an issue ?
is there anything i need to know about shipping there?

Nope, not difficult at all. USPS is totally reliable. It'll be ungodly expensive though because there is literally no other place on earth further from us than Australia or New Zealand...if they go any further they're on their way back to the West Coast of the US. Customs duties/taxes are HORRIFIC in Australia, but there's some arbitrary low end limit, like $1,000USD declared value...but that's not your responsibility, it's the buyer's responsibility.

Frank

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back