shipping question

MemoGtr

Así o más verger?
:)
hi everyone
i've decided to go for a pair of behringer monitors. my plan is to order them at http://www.zzounds.com/a--2676837/item--BEHB2031 and get them shipped to McAllen, TX where i can go to my aunt's house in there and pick them up (mcallen its 2 hours from here so no problem :cool: )

my question is, i have never order anything by internet. do they ship everything carefully?? any bad experiences around??

thanks

*memo*

Ditto...

Truthfully, having briefly worked for a major shipping outfit, merchandise HAS to be packed in the awareness it will get kicked, dropped and stepped on. Notice that all shippers talk about getting stuff from one place to another quickly, not safely.

I once received a telescope with a big footprint on the side of the box! It was so clear thought it was a trademark of some kind!

Even so, manufacturers all know the state of affairs, and pack their gear accordingly. If you happen to get a damaged piece, ZZ will just send another (and have the broken item picked up).

I've never had a problem...so far. Had some trouble with people who don't listen and take the info down wrong but no problem with the actual shipping. Make the person taking your order repeat it back to you. Also...the merchants don't like to ship to an address that is different from the billing address of your credit card. It's good if you can ship to your billing address. If not, call your issuer bank and have them add an alternate address to your records and then tell the seller to verify it with the bank. Some companies just won't do it though. GE Credit / Musicians Friend Platinum card will not even talk about doing it. Bank one will do it. American Express will. Watch all your transactions very carefully or somebody in the chain will get it messed up. So far though, I've only had minor headaches. Be sure to check around the net for the best price. Many places will match a price of a competitor. If one has the best price and another has better financing or a better reputation, see if the preferred vendor will match the price. Just some thoughts.

I've never had a problem with shipping for online music firms. About the only thing I would probably not buy online is a guitar, as there are too many too things to go wrong.

Ed

I've ordered a couple snare drums, a couple mics, drumheads and other stuff from musiciansfriend, zzounds, sam ash, and they all came 100% perfect. Not a ding to them.
I think packing technologies and packing products have come a long way, there's really no worry of anything breaking durning transit.

That is, unless your delivery man is Ace Ventura. :D

-Justin

Back