Shipment from ZZsounds only had cables in the box.WTH

Omega757

Hello everybody so the other day i ordered a very nice tube microphone from zzsounds,along with some headphones,and interconnect cables. So yesterday i open my front door,and boom i'm hit with the joy you get from being ready to open a box of new gear.

I go to pick up the box and i'm like something isn't right here.Box feels like nothings in it,i put my ear to it and shake and i hear something move inside.I'm like okay this is b.s. So i call Zzsounds and get a rep,i say man this box is light i know there's no way a mic and headphones are in here.I say i don't want to open it,because i know it's not in there and i don't want them to say i'm trying to scam them or anything like that,but he insists i have to open the box and confirm that the other items are missing.

So i do and he asks did it look like the box was tampered with,and i say no it looked to only have been sealed with tape once,no damage to the box.Then they say the returns department will send me an email today or tomorrow,they have to look into it. I'm pissed because now i have to wait and i'm missing out on potential money from recording a couple guys around in the area. I hope they don't try and hassle me for something that's not my fault.

What would you guys do or have done ?

Hello everybody so the other day i ordered a very nice tube microphone from zzsounds,along with some headphones,and interconnect cables. So yesterday i open my front door,and boom i'm hit with the joy you get from being ready to open a box of new gear.

I go to pick up the box and i'm like something isn't right here.Box feels like nothings in it,i put my ear to it and shake and i hear something move inside.I'm like okay this is b.s. So i call Zzsounds and get a rep,i say man this box is light i know there's no way a mic and headphones are in here.I say i don't want to open it,because i know it's not in there and i don't want them to say i'm trying to scam them or anything like that,but he insists i have to open the box and confirm that the other items are missing.

So i do and he asks did it look like the box was tampered with,and i say no it looked to only have been sealed with tape once,no damage to the box.Then they say the returns department will send me an email today or tomorrow,they have to look into it. I'm pissed because now i have to wait and i'm missing out on potential money from recording a couple guys around in the area. I hope they don't try and hassle me for something that's not my fault.

What would you guys do or have done ?

That sucks :(

I always order from Sweetwater.
However, on the off chance that Sweetwater doesn't stock what I need I go to americanmusical.com
They seem to have the same layout as Zzounds. Weird.

And who would try to hassle you? Zzounds or the guys you were planning on recording?

I'd have done what you did.
I'd take photos of it though, or better yet have someone video you opening it if you choose to.

Yeah i just thought about that but i opened it while i was on the phone with the rep.I'm thinking this is gonna be a long process moresound,and it sucks. Guess all i can do is wait,but if they take too long,plus act like this is my fault somehow. I'm just gonna send back the cables,and ask my bank what i should do next.

What was the tube microphone you ordered?

You should check out MoreMe headphones from Harvey Gerst - Indian Trail Studio Tx.

With those low internet prices, you also get the low internet satisfaction in ordering. ;)

Or put another way, buying from a local store means you walk away with what you bought with no hassles like this. But everybody got price conscious and put the pro-audio type of stores out of business, so you are left with internet stores. Occasionally, these kinds of problems come up! Deal with it.

Personally, I wouldn't make commitments UNTIL I have everything I need to fulfill them. ;)

When I got my USB interface from Sweetwater it was missing the USB cable. Called up the sales rep assigned to me and told him so. I had it the next day!! :) No questions asked. Always recommend Sweetwater. (Damn I should be getting paid for this!!)

When I got my USB interface from Sweetwater it was missing the USB cable. Called up the sales rep assigned to me and told him so. I had it the next day!! :) No questions asked. Always recommend Sweetwater. (Damn I should be getting paid for this!!)

Sweetwater really is amazing though.

My sales rep told me he'd go ahead and pencil me in for an Ableton Push before they even started taking preorders.
Not a big deal really. But it's pretty comforting knowing that I don't have to wait for it to list and THEN preorder.

And candy. Cherry Laffy Taffy makes new purchases that much better.

Yup that candy is a great gimmick!

I would talk the the rep who answers the phone in the morning and demand that your items are shipped free of charge by overnight delivery. If he can not oblige you ask to talk to a supervisor. Then plead your case. Then Am sure that you will get satisfaction.

Personally, I wouldn't make commitments UNTIL I have everything I need to fulfill them. ;)

Many times I've made contracts that hinge on ordering new stock to fulfill my obligations to those contracts.

If my supplier can't come through with a simple term of shipment or make good with a shipment mistake especially when timing is a factor, then I'll take my business else where.

I have no qualms with Sweetwater ... but am sure they are swamp as everyone else this time of year and have a whole slew of temporary workers in their shipping department to fill orders. So it the proverbially newbie temporary shipping department worker mistake. Am sure of it.

Yup that candy is a great gimmick!

I would talk the the rep who answers the phone in the morning and demand that your items are shipped free of charge by overnight delivery. If he can not oblige you ask to talk to a supervisor. Then plead your case. Then Am sure that you will get satisfaction.

Will do moresound,and i've dealt with sweetwater before they are good(call backs can be annoying sometimes lol).But i went to zzsounds because of the installment plan,i've had success dealing with them in the past also.So this mishap was not expected at all.

Will do moresound,and i've dealt with sweetwater before they are good(call backs can be annoying sometimes lol).But i went to zzsounds because of the installment plan,i've had success dealing with them in the past also.So this mishap was not expected at all.

What is their installment plan? GC has either a 12 or 18 months no payments but the minimal fee plan right now.

Back