shifting by exact ms in Cubase?

stash98

I have a delay of 7.80 ms through my amp. If I needed to shift a track by this much..what is the most precise way to do so in SX3?

stash98 said:
I have a delay of 7.80 ms through my amp. If I needed to shift a track by this much..what is the most precise way to do so in SX3?

Take it off the grid feature, and if you zoom in a bunch you can move tracks by ms with no problem.

I don't know if this is the fastest or best way, but it certainly works.

taeyoung said:
Take it off the grid feature, and if you zoom in a bunch you can move tracks by ms with no problem.

I don't know if this is the fastest or best way, but it certainly works.

Other than using a delay, that's the only way I know of.

In SX there is a time-shift right in the Inspector for each track that allows shifting tracks in increments of 1ms forward or backward.

No offense, but reading the manual is a really good start.

Attachments

• delay.jpg
    delay.jpg
    6.7 KB · Views: 69
The Audio Cave said:
In SX there is a time-shift right in the Inspector for each track that allows shifting tracks in increments of 1ms forward or backward.
Yeah, what he said... :D

The Audio Cave said:

No offense, but reading the manual is a really good start.

there's a feature i missed.

Thanks. I HAVE read the manual many times, but I missed this feature. Believe it or not I did not memorize every feature in Cubase :D .

Nice graphical assitance though..points coming ..any idea if you can get more precise and down to the decimal?

That would be awesome.

stash98 said:
Thanks. I HAVE read the manual many times, but I missed this feature. Believe it or not I did not memorize every feature in Cubase :D .

Nice graphical assitance though..points coming ..any idea if you can get more precise and down to the decimal?

That would be awesome.

In the manual it also explains to hold the "shift" key while moving the slider for more smaller incremental adjustments. Or double-click the number and type in the exact amount you want.

Also, if you hold the "cntrl" key when clicking, it resets to "0".

stash98 said:

That would be awesome.

No offense intended. Just play around a little, move the mouse around and stop it from time to time. If you stop the mouse over that section a little tool-tip will pop up that says... coincidentally ...

"delay" :D

Yeah..I do..I have had Cubase for a long time, but never really needed to do this until now...so thanks for the help!

Back