Sheet Music Question

Purpleb

Hello, i have a pretty simple question, i have a couple of pieces of sheet music that have "cont. sim." on them, does anyone know what that stands for/means?

Cont. = Continue Sim. = Same

So i'm guessing, continue in the same way.. Would that make sense for the piece?

Hmmm I don't think so, i think the first word would be continue, but i don't think the second word is same, it wouldn't make that much sense in the piece

continue similarly...you might see "sim." by itself a lot to mean the same thing.

it would make sense to me if there's a specific rhythm or articulation they want you to follow (like slur two, staccato two for the section). I'd have to see the music to know for sure, but that's what I would guess it to mean.

I just asked my friend who teaches piano and theory, and she said it was to 'Continue similarly' like Benny said. (Similarly/Same, what's the difference eh? :D)

Depending on the piece, i'm guessing it's to continue the current aspect of the piece (Again, as Benny said, rhythm, articulation or whatever).

Yes i was looking over the piece again and that sounds pretty good "Similarly or Same" and it does make sense, sorry about that.
Thanks

Back