Shaving

buzzard bass

Terminated
Well I switched to a safety razor from a cartridge. Not going back I can tell ya. Never did like electrics, used a cartridge razor for years. But, damn, those cartridges are getting so expensive. I got a Parker and a Merkur to compare, I prefer the Merkur. The blade floats in the Merkur a lot more than the Parker, gives it lots of flex. Seems to me that all the fancy junk in a cartridge is to try an emulate the flex of the blade in a good safety razor.

I've been using shaving soap for nearly 20 years, Foam and gel are worthless. get a brush, and learn to make a lather with real shaving soap.

I bet if you try a decent safety razor and warm lather from shaving soap you'll be a convert too. Add to that 100 blades just cost 16 bucks, compare that to a cartridge.

Yeah, we can tell from your avatar, Chili...

I use cheap cartridge razors, trying to strike a balance between easy, good, cheap shaving and minimal solid-waste stream (yeah, I'm a tree-hugger. Get over it.) I usually shave in the shower (turning the water off while I shave,) so my face is already wet and lathered up.

About 6 years ago, my son and I were visiting my Mother, and one morning we both needed to shave. He found my Grandfather's straight razor, and with a big grin on his face, he decided he would shave with it, just to see what it was like. He did a good job, but that stupid grin had to make it harder to shave his cheeks...

I can grow a goatee like a mofo but the cheeks....not so much.

I let it grow for 2 months...2 MONTHS!!! ...and nobody noticed. :mad:

:o

:laughings:

Plus I have 6 chest hairs (3 of which are now gray) and nine inch butt hairs weaved into some titillating cornrows.

I define sexy. ;)

:p

:laughings:

I just go with the chin strap.... Gotta look somewhat like a douche to keep my cool image going ;)

I've never shaved with a razor. I feel like such a child. I actually don't even know how to shave. I just go to the barbershop anytime I need my facial hair touched up. I use the excuse of not really having a father-figure in my life, lol. I've been too afraid of cutting myself and having some grotesque scar. It'd be a great conversation piece, though.

"Oh, this? Funny story. I don't know how to shave. The end."

I do what i call the hippy shave. I let it grow to a little more than a shadow and use a beard trimmer as close as i can get. Always going diagonally. NEVER shaving down to the skin. No more irritation.

Just shaved with a dull razor while on the road this past weekend got half way into it and just couldn't stop in mid shave - what a mess!!!

Back