Shareing +recording Fostex 24 24 files for recording?,.

dobrocop

Hi,IM recording an album on Fostex 24-24 and need a few friends to add Bass n Drums etc,.none of them have Fostex 24-24 but have various PC or Mac rec setups. is there any way i can send them tracks to play on and then get them into my 24 fostex?,.thanks. ted.:guitar:

Would it be easier to stay PC based for outputting and mixing? I was thinking that a program like Audacity might be the easier way of mixing the digital signals.

The easy answer is yes if you can use the A/DAT optical or Digital Output. Unfortunately the USB option is not directly available and converters are needed.
The home recording machines like the MR series have USB connection and can talk directly to the PC.
That is why I suggested PC editing and then direct CD burning. I am NOT an expert on the 2424 so it may be possible. Again please can anybody help with this answer?

On p101 of the Owners Manual it shows how WAV files can be transferred. I would suggest this is the best (or simplest) method. (So it can be done - PHEW).
If you want a copy of the Manual, PM me with your e-mail address.

Last edited:
Back