Share a Little

paulisher

Ok, without any recommendations I remixed and bumped up the levels with mastering software. I noticed that nearly all the other songs posted were much louder than mine. I won't re-post this song but I would like some feedback, good, bad or indifferent.
Paul

Attachments

• Share a Little Heat2.mp3
    7.2 MB · Views: 25
Ok, without any recommendations I remixed and bumped up the levels with mastering software. I noticed that nearly all the other songs posted were much louder than mine. I won't re-post this song but I would like some feedback, good, bad or indifferent.
Paul

Beautiful song man!!! The singing and melodies and harmonies really sweet !! Ok now the drums may be a lil to busy and may need to lay back during the verses.Also it seems to me that there is to many repeated Chorus's? and not enough words for the verses? Also in the bridge part(right before your lead) you maybe should have a lyric thought? Anyways other than that I find the mix very good!!

sounds loud to me. Nice tunage ..... nice performance .... I don't see how you could consider this not loud enough nor do I agree that it's soft compared to other tunes posted here.
In fact a quick listen to another random song showed yours to be much louder.

Yes guilty as charged with busy drums and long chorus. Someone else also mentioned that they didn't think the bridge fit the song. I'll see what I can do about it. Lt. Bob, yes this song is loud as I ran it through mastering software. I posted the same song last night as a pure mix and it was much quieter and everything else I heard in this form.

Yeah it was plenty loud. Generally sounded pretty nice. Vocals were especially nice. Relative levels of things were pretty good to me.

The bass is a little rumbly and a bit muddy. At least in some spots.

Is it me, or was the mix a little louder on the left side.

I've never been completely satisfied with my bass sound. let me know if you have any advice on what frequencies to cut or boost. by the way I just got back an Oktava mkl 2500 that was modded by Michael Jolly which is what I used on the vocals. the used to mic and modification cost about $600.

The volume is fine, wouldn't want it louder imo. It's a nice song. Not my favorite genre so I get a little bored with it, but its very well mixed, no particular instrument comes out to much, everything including the vocals mix very well which isn't easy to do. Well done! :thumbs up: :guitar:

I've never been completely satisfied with my bass sound. let me know if you have any advice on what frequencies to cut or boost.

Going from memory from yesterday... I would focus on about 140hz and below. I think there is a spot or two where a notch cut could really help.

This song is amazing. Clear. Crisp. Everything is well mixed. The bass plays nice with the kick, the snare and cymbals are great. Nice verb on the vocals and accents with the guitar layers. Cool change in the bridge. I actually like it, despite that other people don't think it fits, I think it does. Nice guitar work in the breakdown. Good reverb (added or natural can't really tell) on the drums too, makes em sound great. I like the bass a lot too, good tone. Pretty much everything about this song sounds nice to me. Very, very, well done.

Back