Shame - Ill-Advised

AshX

I've been working on a record this summer and wrote this one and recorded it last night. It's just a demo, but I'd love to get some feedback from all you guys on it.

if i was to title it it would be "wont feel ashamed" , but its your painting.
thats a impressive demo, good vocals, kind of a old stones guitar tone, dry-clean chords.
if i was a producer i'd do the 1st verse alone, drop the second guitar, save the build for the next verse...
2nd verse comes in great, drums and all that...maybe reduce the chords-time, to get to the 2nd verse (speed it up).
build up the chorus more...not sure how? the 2nd one has the drums and big thing come in, and the latter has the strings adding something..this is a artists decision, (but the strings makes it more a ballad than say some heavy distorted guitars might have taken it another direction more "angry" versus "dettached/peaceful" realm)

might add the chorus at the end one more time somehow, ...and i wont be ashamed anymore. to finish the sentence.

hell I dont know anything, im just a gearhead with a beerbrain opinion. I liked the tune and vocals though.

if i was to title it it would be "wont feel ashamed" , but its your painting.
thats a impressive demo, good vocals, kind of a old stones guitar tone, dry-clean chords.
if i was a producer i'd do the 1st verse alone, drop the second guitar, save the build for the next verse...
2nd verse comes in great, drums and all that...maybe reduce the chords-time, to get to the 2nd verse (speed it up).
build up the chorus more...not sure how? the 2nd one has the drums and big thing come in, and the latter has the strings adding something..this is a artists decision, (but the strings makes it more a ballad than say some heavy distorted guitars might have taken it another direction more "angry" versus "dettached/peaceful" realm)

might add the chorus at the end one more time somehow, ...and i wont be ashamed anymore. to finish the sentence.

hell I dont know anything, im just a gearhead with a beerbrain opinion. I liked the tune and vocals though.

Thanks Cat! That means a lot! And thank you for your feedback - I'll definitely try some of those things out :) Thanks so much for the compliments :)

Back