Sf 7?

dafduc

Anyone seeing anything worth paying for??? I already have SF 6.0.

My first thought was - not.

Daf

I did the upgrade-$99

I haven't found anything special. It seems that it processes faster, but I guess I don't use it for much more than a wave editor.

I've got to throw in a caution here. When you upgrade to 7.0 you loose the Wavehammer plug-in. At least when I selected it last night I got a popup window of all things, directing me to the Sony site to look up the "new and improved" wavehammer.

So, it appears Sony has the marketing program in full control.

I'm going to try and reinstall 5.0, and see if I can get wavehammer back. If not, not so bad for me, because I have the Sonitus suite in Sonar which I find VERY good.

So just a word of caution to everyone.

The $99 upgrade price was worth it for me for only one reason so far, and that is to stay up with "supported" technology. That is if there ever was support on sound forge stuff anyway.
:mad:

John

I'm holding off for a bit I already have SF5 & 6 - I didn't see anything that Cool Edit Pro 2.1 and Sonar3 don't have except for a better spectrum analyzer - Ozone2 and Inspector does that I think better than SF 7...

Please bite my ankle if I'm wrong here...:)
kylen

must have been a glitch

I just uninstalled SF7.0 and re-installed it. Wavehammer is there now. I can't explain it.

E-mailed Sony tech support. No reply in a week.

Before re-install I made sure all sony related folders and files were deleted.

So. SF7.0 is normal on my box now.

John:confused:

I needed a copy of sound forge so I went with the new one and it has wavehammer?? I haven't used the older versions to compare to tell you if its the same thing but its there and its called wavehammer.

Altruist said:
I needed a copy of sound forge so I went with the new one and it has wavehammer?? I haven't used the older versions to compare to tell you if its the same thing but its there and its called wavehammer.

I've been using 5.0 for quite awhile but don't see much of a reason to upgrade.

Wavehammer seemed pretty offensive to me but lately I've been playing with the settings and have grown to like it.

Back