Sex cars lipstick fame - comments appreciated!

Hard for me to say much Beatle.

It all sounds so far off, like it's playing on a radio far off in the background in another room?

I'm listening on crap computer speakers, so take that with a grain.

Not getting that faraway sound at all in my headphones. The only thing I noticed was that the lyrics were hard to make out in the verses. But the level of the vocals seems good so it's a minor thing. Could never understand what a lot of singers were saying half the time...

The song is instantly catchy and danceable. I liked the arrangement and the songwriting. Not much to crtique as I found it very well mixed....

Thanks guys.

The song is unmastered so it may be at a lower level than we are used to but I thought it was clear enough when I last listened.

The vocals are intentionally distorted on the verse and this may be effecting clarity. I think its important that you can understand the words on this one so I might try tweaking the verse vocal effects.

I don't know why, but I liked it. I can't comment on the mix 'cause my speakers suck. But I liked the song. Strange 80's feel.

Sounds pretty cool. Some of the sounds reminds of the stuff I would get out of FruityLoops (Dx10, TS404). Sounds pretty good. Like the vocals. No real nits here but for some reason it sounds just a bit sparse. Like it needs some guitars or some kind of pads in the background. I know you have a lot going on so it shouldn't sound sparse. Strange!! Cool tune. :)

Dave

Its like the Pet shop boys meet Green day... LOL... But..........I liked it. I almost got up and danced to it. I grew up in the 80's and it kinda gave me that feeling again but more modern. I dunno. I think if you mastered it and tweaked it it would be good. Im a newbie still so take it with a grain also.

good work! i like it! has a cool original sound

I cant comment on the mix, in the same way you can't really comment on the mix of a 'Kills' tracks or something..
Its sounds like it sounds and thats how its supposed to be!
thats a great position to be

Performances all around on this song are great. Sounds like it was created in a studio in the 80's, and not just due to the synth sounds. Sounds very light, and the opposite of "in your face". Like, I'd have to turn this one up in my CD rotation in order to match volume.

Other than that, I think it's a great piece of music! Good job, beatlebum!

Back