setup question

timnmelinda

hello setting up pc for home studio use AMD 64 512 ram no extra bells and whistles just setting up for music studio use and internet research my question is everyone say to store all music on 2nd harddrive so am i putting my recording software on the second drive as well, or am i putting the music software on the primary drive along with windows xp ? Kind of a dumb question perhaps but also an honest one . So what are your reccomendations?

all software is supposed to be on the 1st hard drive, then when you configure your software, you tell it to record on to the 2nd hard drive.

Yup ... just like JK said.

OS, programs, plugins and etc. on the primary drive. The second drive gets configured to be used as the working directory for the audio data in your recording program.

Depends on how the software handles. If you have a whole lot of program running in the primary (1st) hard drive and if you feel that your recording software is not handling good for any reason, then you can install just this recording software in the second harddrive with OS and do the recording.
On the other hand if your software is performing well in the first harddrive, then just set the audio data folder of your software to the second drive so you wont take any space in the primary drive where the application is running.

Back