Settings For My Tube MP Project Series Pre-Amp?

TooHotRecords

This is the piece of equipment i am talking about.
http://www.allansmusic.com.au/prod/PROJECTUSB/ART_Tube_MP_-_Project_Series_with_USB.aspx

Basically. i just want to know what would be a better setup of the setting and what their for? (im new to this)

I have a Gain Knob(basically know what this is.)
A +20dB gain button?
Impedance??
Filter??
I know what Phantom is.
Limit?
Phase?
Then my output gain.

If anyone could help, even in the slightest. it would be great! :D

it changes depending what you pu in it and want out of it...you dont even mention what you are putting through it or if its an instrument and/or vocals

Watch your gain on it...its clean and you can record on it pretty much noise free if you dont push it

The limiter is pretty worthless as it comes in so hard so pay attention to the led lights and keep it off

The +20 gain is meant to drive the tube harder...in truth it wont do much other than give you a boost of volume, the tube does colour the signal a little but it isnt a tube pre amp or anything

the filter is basically a low pass EQ that cuts of the very low frequencies of a signal out if you are having difficulties with them...like low end rumbling..I kept it on most of the time as it cuts around 40 or 50 Hz and thats pretty inaudible on most playback systems

when two signals/sounds have the same waveform they can cancel each other out leaving no sound at all..the phase switch will flick the signal going through the project 180 degrees so it doesnt cancel another sound out...if it is happening

the output gain is just that..the gain of the signal leaving the project...dont push it or your signal will be too hot and will cause clipping, try to keep it between 9 o clock and noon

you adjust the gains depending on whats going through the Art and how hard you want to drive it..

I found it worked well on my bass and guitar, I changed the tube and it made a little difference..Ive used it on vocals but at the time I was pretty inexperienced so the results weren't great and my mic was low end as well

no one can give you settings though...this is a great little pre amp to learn these things on and the manual was pretty informative so give it a good read...it was only a few pages ;)

it changes depending what you pu in it and want out of it...you dont even mention what you are putting through it or if its an instrument and/or vocals

Watch your gain on it...its clean and you can record on it pretty much noise free if you dont push it

The limiter is pretty worthless as it comes in so hard so pay attention to the led lights and keep it off

The +20 gain is meant to drive the tube harder...in truth it wont do much other than give you a boost of volume, the tube does colour the signal a little but it isnt a tube pre amp or anything

the filter is basically a low pass EQ that cuts of the very low frequencies of a signal out if you are having difficulties with them...like low end rumbling..I kept it on most of the time as it cuts around 40 or 50 Hz and thats pretty inaudible on most playback systems

when two signals/sounds have the same waveform they can cancel each other out leaving no sound at all..the phase switch will flick the signal going through the project 180 degrees so it doesnt cancel another sound out...if it is happening

the output gain is just that..the gain of the signal leaving the project...dont push it or your signal will be too hot and will cause clipping, try to keep it between 9 o clock and noon

you adjust the gains depending on whats going through the Art and how hard you want to drive it..

I found it worked well on my bass and guitar, I changed the tube and it made a little difference..Ive used it on vocals but at the time I was pretty inexperienced so the results weren't great and my mic was low end as well

no one can give you settings though...this is a great little pre amp to learn these things on and the manual was pretty informative so give it a good read...it was only a few pages ;)

Thankyou very much, that was very informative.
im recording Vocals. (Hip-Hop, Rap and a little Rnb singing.)
so do you recommend i use the phase?

Back