Setting up a room

TylerDrums109

So basically i have no money for anything fancy...all i have is a basement...with alot of crap in it and around it....im trying to clean up and move the heavy awkward old furniture to make space and to let the room breathe but i basically have no idea what im doing...what should i be aware of...should i just clear the room entirely?...just want to set up the room the best i can even though i have no money for any acoustic treatment

It'd be worth it to check out some DIY bass traps. 703 or 705 rigid (I believe) is the material I've read about for building your own. I think it's fairly cheap but I haven't done any, just read what others were doing.

Maybe, for no money, take some couch cushions and stand them in the corners. It's not gonna be great but corners seem to be the worst for bass buildup. Maybe mattresses...?

(edit...just re-read that you're moving old furniture out. Some of that may just help to relax some of the waves that are gonna be bouncing around the room. just a thought...)

I dunno how well these would work but maybe better than nothing.

Good luck man...

Back