setting up a keyboard and a rack module

webbsc

I have a Korg Trinity Pro-x that broke this weekend and I am going to be without it for at least a month. I gig around 15 times a month and need to get another keyboard. For some time I have thought about yamaha p80 or p90, just because they are so light, but I need a few more sounds than they offer for my primary band. For local jams, or small jobs, they would do great. What I am thinking of doing is buying a p80 or p90 and then also a motif rack. My question is will this work and how do I do it. I am very new to midi. The trinity (88keys) had the action I wanted and several sounds....I was hoping to get one of these lighter keyboards and still have the sounds of the motif. Please help.
Thanks,
Simon :confused:

webbsc said:
I have a Korg Trinity Pro-x that broke this weekend and I am going to be without it for at least a month. I gig around 15 times a month and need to get another keyboard. For some time I have thought about yamaha p80 or p90, just because they are so light, but I need a few more sounds than they offer for my primary band. For local jams, or small jobs, they would do great. What I am thinking of doing is buying a p80 or p90 and then also a motif rack. My question is will this work and how do I do it. I am very new to midi. The trinity (88keys) had the action I wanted and several sounds....I was hoping to get one of these lighter keyboards and still have the sounds of the motif. Please help.
Thanks,
Simon :confused:

Easy as pie.

Connect a MIDI cable to the "MIDI Out" port on your keyboard and the "MIDI In" port on the RM Motif.

Now, either layer the sounds of the keyboard and the Motif together, mute the volume on one or the other or I can tell you how to set up a little bit more complicated method that gives you contol of such things from your keyboard, if you like.
Carl

well..thanks....I do have a volume pedal...if I wanted to layer...that would be really nice to be able to do that also...(some songs that I play I'd really love to bring in sting/horn parts after some solo piano...or take the stings/horns away.)....just wanted to make sure that the p80 or p90 would "talk" with the motif rack.

That is the great thing about MIDI. Rather than creating some sort of propriatory comunication system like Korg and Roland tried and failed to do in the past, the digital comunity agreed on a standard that was open to all makes and models.

Carl

Back