Session Drummer 3 (Sonar/Cakewalk) Breaks upon playing imported midi

abbrenner

Hi All
First Post here, please be gentle.

I have Sonar x3 Producer and Session Drummer 3.

I am using a midi editor (guitar pro) to write drums and then export the midi file. I can import it into Sonar and play it back just fine using the default CakeWalk TTS - 1 (I think it's a midi processor). It works, it plays, I can record, basically anything. However when I try to use Session Drummer, the imported midi beaks it, and I'm not sure why.

I
add Synth -> session drummer 3

load kit

verify everything works. I get sound from hitting the drums, it comes from the associated channel. Great.
---

I can use the piano roll to edit notes and it will play them back. However, when I import a midi file, SD3 breaks. I no longer get any audio from clicking the drums or using the piano roll until I load a drum kit, and as soon as I hit play, it breaks again. The weird thing is the midi notes that are imported are on the correct line and everything. So if I edit it within Sonar, works fine, if I import the midi, no more sound.

I have a midi track with "omni" input and Session drummer output then i have the synth channel for SD3 with the input sd3 and output drum bus, which runs to main bus and then out to my tascam us-1800.

Any ideas what I'm doing wrong/ why sd3 is breaking? It's been a royal pain for quite a while, and I'd really like to get it working. Any advice is greatly appreciated, if you need more info just ask and I'll get it to you ASAP

Im on windows 10
Sonar X3 Producer
Tascam US-1800
Session Drummer 3

If you have X3 everything in it will carry over to the new and Free Cakewalk by Bandlab , built from Sonar Platinum. Constantly improved and updated by the same people that did all the X series. It may or may not play well there. Seems I've read some posts having your same problem with imported midi files. If you can't find a fix on the Cakewalk Discuss forum I'd be real surprised..

Back