Sennheiser HD 280

participant

Actually mildly surprised at these... the level of detail as compared to something like... AKG K240's is very impressive. The bass response was particularly revealing. More detailed in all respects. Almost tempts one to start mixing on phones :eek:

Definitely an encouragement for ALL of those using AKG K240's to accidently step on them, and buy a pair of HD280's ;)

uh :o... not that anyone... you know... :o did that

I need some new cans. How are those for tracking vocals and guitar? Are they sealed enough to keep the click track out of the mic?

Had them a day, and can say that the isolation is very good. You shouldn't have a problem with 'em for tracking vocals or guitar.

I've had a pair of these headphones for about 3 years now and have been very pleased with them. They're light and comfortable and provide reasonable isolation and yes the bass is very extended. Only trouble I find is my small ears can end up in the wrong part of the can and I can accidentally lose the high end if I wear them too high.

And I think they look pritty cool too :cool:

They're the main cans in this little studio, I have 2 pairs. 30db attenuation is fine. I am a hearing impaired guitarist/vocalist, so I have to run them very hot to hear anything, and bleed is minimal. They are also comfortable, which is critical on that 37th take.-Richie

I just bought two pairs at GC for $95./ea. These are great! I have 240's and Senn 580's, but these are killer cans! Attenuation is great- can't wait to track vocals with them.

Bob

Back