Sennheiser E609 suitable for bass?

Never tried it myself, dont even want to, really. Seems if I wasnt gonna go direct, I would use a large condensor on a bass cab as first choice and probably not ever get passed it to try anything else.
Might be great though. Doubt anyone here has tried it. I think it rolls off around 44hz?

I just went DI, (sansamp) but I imagine that would work, but why would you really need to mic the bass amp/cab if they have these great DIs for the same prices?

Dave

Tonekat said:
I've seen the remarks on micing guitar cabs with the E609, have any of you tried it to mic bass amps?? And if so was it a good experience?
I don't know, but I've gotten good results with the NT3, and also the MD421 on my bass cab.

this might be to late but colin greenwood of radiohead uses one and di's than mixes that down to one track

ooold thread but e609 is a fairly bright mic...I don't see it working so well, unless you really wanted to capture high end then mix with the beef on the DI.

ooold thread but e609 is a fairly bright mic...I don't see it working so well, unless you really wanted to capture high end then mix with the beef on the DI.

Exactly I did that in a past session, just miced up his cab with and e906 (same deal) and then had a DI. I was very impressed although it had quite a bit of punch the mic lacked low end which I mixed in using the DI.

yeah exactly, the DI takes care of most the sound, the e609 (or 906 in your case) just adds the top end to it.

Back