Sends take over from EQ - why!?!

Dear Anyone.

OK, I'm a noob. Dunno if this should be in the new starters bit or here, feel free to move it.

Got told to use Reverb as a send effect. So I set it up as a SEND - and immediately all the parts I'd carefully EQ'd out came back again! Checked the EQ, there was still little green lines signifying the signal was reaching it - BUT - when I changed the EQ to make sure it was working, nothing changed in the sound. When I turned off the Reverb, the EQ started working again. I tried clicking the PRE/POST fader knob on the SEND (the Reverb channel) and it didn't make any difference whatsoever - if I sent to Reverb, I lost the EQ.

So I tried other effects and discovered there seems to be a law of Nature - if you use sends, you lose inserts. Sends take over the world every time. Now this can't, surely, be always true or people wouldn't advise you to use them. And the idea of using EQ as a send is silly, you need it to be an insert on each track.

How do you STOP sends from taking over the world, so your inserts are still actually DOING things!?!

I'm using Windows XP SP3, QSE Level 2 Notation, EQium (for the EQ) and Ambience (for the Reverb). But it doesn't matter what I use, if it's a SEND it'll take over the universe and the inserts won't work.

Yours frustratedly

Chris.

Dear Jimmys69.

I told you which DAW - QSE Level 2!! The main plug-ins I use are EQium and MSE-X, which is a Cakewalk 'does-everything', Swiss army knife plug-in. I've also got many other effects plug-ins which I'll list if necessary.

QSE Level 2 is made by Chris Sion of Sionsoft.

Thanks for helping!

Yours respectfully

Chris.

Dear Jimmys69.

I told you which DAW - QSE Level 2!! The main plug-ins I use are EQium and MSE-X, which is a Cakewalk 'does-everything', Swiss army knife plug-in. I've also got many other effects plug-ins which I'll list if necessary.

Thanks for helping!

Yours respectfully

Chris.

Alrighty then. Wow. Ok...

The sends are obviously pre-EQ. Some DAWs like Cubase allow you to change this. Some don't. You might have one that doesn't. QSE II looks pretty pokey.

AND HE TOLD YOU, JIMMY!!!!!

Cheers :)

Dear Jimmys69.

Thanks for helping!

Yours respectfully

Chris.

It looks like notation software with some basic DAW-like features thrown in as an afterthought. The fact that several knowledgeable people on this site have never heard of your software doesn't inspire a lot of confidence. Maybe you should contact Chris Sion and ask him why his software behaves like that.

A week and 12 posts later and his problem has yet to be addressed. Isn't this forum supposed to be for prob. solving?
Ok, nuf venting..
Chris, I have similar set-up and Cakewalk with similar probs...
Here's what I did. I EQed the signal externaly before ever jammin it into the computer. I try to use external equipment and as few plugins as possible, bein an old analog dude!

A week and 12 posts later and his problem has yet to be addressed. Isn't this forum supposed to be for prob. solving?
Ok, nuf venting..
Here's what I did. I EQed the signal externaly before ever jammin it into the computer. I try to use external equipment and as few plugins as possible, bein an old analog dude!

How do we address a problem with software that nobody here uses? Give general advice that may not be pertinent?

Especially with a user of said software with an attitude issue..

..or you'd think after a week an OP might be back maybe with a 'ok here's what I've found out so far..

Ok, nuf venting..

Yeah dude, 'nuff said indeed. You clearly have a chip on your shoulder. :spank:

My advice? Dump the outdated, scarcely-heard-of software and get something better. Cubase has a score editor and will do what you need. Welcome to 2014.

Back