sends for effects

jmorris

pro tools 7.4. new to it. how do i set up say a reverb effects send? i can easly in sonar but its not clear to me in pro tools.i can get a bus setup no problem but not sends??

Hey Great,just what I needed.I have been to the create track before as I always crerat a stereo master fader,just did not see the aux! Simple fix. Thanks a lot!
Jim

There's a dvd included with every ProTools/Digidesign product. Didn't you watch this? It's a great way to get the basic ins and outs.

There's a dvd included with every ProTools/Digidesign product. Didn't you watch this? It's a great way to get the basic ins and outs.

Yeah I got it, the guy in my video is REALLY boring to watch.I watched most of it but quickly skimmed through some parts.I dont remember it being in the dvd?

send/return loops

If you have a track recorded, and wish to create a send/return for fx, it isnt too hard. Under file, "create new track", choose "aux track". Stereo or mono, up to you.

Then in your recorded track, in the "send" part, select a "send" bus number in your recorded track.

Make send/return tracks' input is the same bus number as the recorded tracks "send". Your done.

Play with three volumes now, the bus send volume, the bus return volume, and the recorded track volume, to taste.

I love this stuff, and write about this very kind of thing in my blog. WWW.RecordingWeekly.Blogspot.com
Feel free to subscribe and/or comment on my blog! Best wishes...

Back