Semi acoustic

You can do a lot. You have the option of usint an acoustic amp, like the SWR's or Fender acoustisonic. You can also use a keyboard amp. You can also run it straight in to the PA or mixer. use some effects, that helps out. Have fun trying out different configurations.

Bruce, you're becoming as bad as ed. :)

H2H

Yup, a nice accoustic amp like the ones mentioned above. I would however run it through a accoustic sim pedal. I have heard it before and the sound becomes really rich, beautiful. The zoom digital pedals have built in accoustic sim and they sound very good. Maybe the 505 or 1000.

helmut-
Those pedals are designed for electric pickups. I have ran a piezo pickup through one and the sound is VERY brittle, almost ear splitting, also can easily overload an amp and cause to distort, which is NOT what we're looking for on acoustic. You're taking a signal that is very bright and adding a "brightness" effect to it! Youch!

H2H

Zoom 505

I have a Zoom 505 and never use it on my acoustic. I very seldom use it for my electric. They are ok to play with and maybe useful in a live situation. However, for recording purposes, they are far to noisy. I get a lot of hiss from it, making it pretty much useless.

When playing live, using an acoustic or keyboard amp is great. However when recording I usually go direct in conjunction with micing the guitar.

I must be confused a bit, are we talking about a accoustic (with sound hole) or a closed body accoustic with pickups like the Gretch? Because I agree with what has been said by both H2H and AC Lives. The guit I mean is the closed body accoustics with the pickups, please excuse me if you guys were talking about the accoustics with an accoustic pickup.
This is the result I got with what I explained:
http://www.mp3.com/spunkonnancy ,the song: I scream

Back