Selling your music to bands or labels...

Rosenthal74

How do you go about doing this? Who do you contact and how? Just wondering in case I can't get my band to get off their butts, I would like to see my music played by someone else if not me.

You could become a resdient songwriter in Nashville, New York, LA. The producers and recording artists there are always looking for good original songs that will make it on the radio.

What kind of recording equipment do you have? Do you have any demos? These producers and artists expect a professional demo so you may have to hire session musicians if you can't play all the instruments yourself. YOu may need to go to a recording studio if you lack equipment or expertise in that regard.

What kind of music do you write? Punk/SKA/Indie/Alt/Rap/Grunge?

You could become a resdient songwriter in Nashville, New York, LA. The producers and recording artists there are always looking for good original songs that will make it on the radio.

What kind of recording equipment do you have? Do you have any demos? These producers and artists expect a professional demo so you may have to hire session musicians if you can't play all the instruments yourself. YOu may need to go to a recording studio if you lack equipment or expertise in that regard.

+1 Pretty much is what you have to do. Theres a big market for songwriters/composers. They are the first in line to get paid, even before a label does.

hmmm I'm hoping for options without relocating really... being a guy, I just can't see myself dancing on a bar to support myself until I sell my music (had to throw the Coyote Ugly reference in there) I mainly play hard rock and metal, and can play the instruments myself if need be other than drums (I can hold down a descent beat, but I'm no Bonham for sure).

Is there really much demand for metal songwriters? (I honestly don't know.)

I'd think that some genres like punk and metal would tend to attract musicians who want to write their own songs.

Back