Selling my Moog/Realistic Concertmate MG-1.

Hey all.
Some of you may remember me working on a (non destructive) mod for this little unit.
Well, I haven't used it anywhere near as much as I thought and I've decided to sell it on.

Non destructive additions.
I made wooden sides to replace the plastic ones. I still have the plastic ones and they can be put straight back on.
I added a little circuit that makes the LFO cycle reset when a key is pressed.
This means you can play along with a click or beat and stay in sync. Again, this can be completely removed.
Consider it an addition rather than a mod. (There's been no cutting/drilling etc)
There's a switch beside the keys to turn this addition on or off.

I'm happy to ship the unit as it was from the factory, or leave the additions in place.

That aside, it's completely original, perfect working condition and comes in the original box with the original user manual.

Foam and Sliders.
I'm sure you know the foam in these rots and the sliders get gummed up.
I removed the old sticky foam and replaced it with nice clean white foam.
The original sliders are in place and have been completely stripped down and cleaned. No glitches or sticky points.

I also have a full unopened set of replacement sliders which are included in the sale. I think they cost me about £30/40.

Hmm. What else. No sticky/repeating keys or any of that.

There are a few pics at the bottom of this DIY page, but I'll add some more soon.
The knobs aren't missing...They just weren't fitted when I took the pics.

Negatives.
The only 'fault' to mention is that two of the little black plastic slider knobs split.
I glued them and put black tape around them to hide the seam. You'd honestly never know, but if you're fussy spares can be bought for little money.

Possibilities.
Schematics are available online and there are very simple mods out there for audio input to filter, midi input - stuff like that.

A chap on youtube has done a 5 part demo video covering pretty much every function of this unit. If you're interested it'd be worth a look.

UK sale only I guess, and I'm looking £450 based on recent ebay listings and the extras.
For that money I'll post it free on 48hr service.

Here are some specs.
It'll probably go on ebay soon, but I thought I'd give the forum first refusal.

I remember when those came out, and I though, nnnh, for about $700 more I can get a "real" single VCO Moog or at least an ARP Axxe... as if I had $700 more.

Now I think otherwise.:thumbs up: Nice work, especially the value added. This was the one you had to change to 240VAC right?

Oh yes, I clean forgot about that.
It's currently wired for UK 240 with a standard UK mains plug on it and the appropriate fuses fitted.

As it happens that was an easy change to make in the end. The transformer is designed to be wired in series or parallel for 120/240.

I've been looking for one of those for a reasonable price since the first time I saw one a few years ago. Unfortunately, reasonable for me us well beyond what would be reasonable for the seller. One of these days I'll get my hands on one, though I doubt it will be as absolutely STUNNING as the one you have up for sale. Your modifications made that unit jaw-droppingly beautiful!

Back