selling my m-audio firewire 1814

jmh8605

I don't know if this is the right place for this but anyway.I sold my firebox and bought a m-audio firewire 1814 and its drivers don't work on my PC. It's out of the box, but never actually used for anything other than trying to load drivers and sync up. M-audio said it was about system resources and IRQ's but I know quite a bit about computers and i don't really think that was it. I think maybe it was my firewire chipset or something like that. Anyway, the unit works fine itself, I would return it but they charge a huge restocking fee and shipping it back would make it not worth it. It's gong on ebay if noone here wants it. so if you want it i'm asking $400 obo including shipping/insurance. Send me e-mail if your interested at j.hollinger@insightbb.com.

thanks for the tip, i already sold my interface on ebay for almost what i paid for, i got a pretty good deal in the first place, I ordered a presonus firepod, because i really liked my firebox, just needed more inputs, The firewire 1814 was cheaper and had adat, but the cost of an 8 channel mic pre with adat out (that isn't made by behringer) would be close to, if not more that another firepod to daisy chain. It was kind of a hassle to do all this ebay bullshit, but in the end i'll be better off. Thanks

jmh8605 said:
thanks for the tip, i already sold my interface on ebay for almost what i paid for, i got a pretty good deal in the first place, I ordered a presonus firepod, because i really liked my firebox, just needed more inputs, The firewire 1814 was cheaper and had adat, but the cost of an 8 channel mic pre with adat out (that isn't made by behringer) would be close to, if not more that another firepod to daisy chain. It was kind of a hassle to do all this ebay bullshit, but in the end i'll be better off. Thanks

Hey, Lexington, KY. Cool. My grandparents live in Richmond.... :)

Small world.

Back