Selling it all

alien

all_equipment_bb.jpg

Prices do not include shipping and handling!

1) Larger items such as the consoles will be pick-up only unless the buyer hires a freight company to package and ship it. I will not package these items myself.

If you buy something that is to be shipped, it may take up to 48 hours to ship out. I am still working to collect the boxes and packing materials needed for all of this.

2) Payment will be made via cash, bank/cashier's check, Western Union transfer, or via Paypal transfer - NO PERSONAL CHECKS!!! Any bank/cashier’s checks will have to be verified by my bank and clear before the sale is final. Any tranfers will have to complete before the sale is final and the item is shipped.

3) While tested to be in working order, this equipment is used. There is no warrantly given nor implied.

4) You can listen to the audio sample provided at the link below. It was tracked and mixed using most of the equipment listed.

5) Viewing only by appointment. Very serious inquiries only. I obtain the right to refuse sale.

Please Visit http://www.lychesis.com/sale for detailed descriptions and photos

Youc an contact me via PM here are by email at: lychbill@gmail.com

Consoles:

• Soundtracs Topaz Inline Monitoring Console , Meter Bridge & PSU for each, Desk, and 96 Port ADC Bantam Patchbay - $1500

Console - 24 channel inputs & 24 monitor inputs for a total of 48 inputs, 24 direct outs, 8 buss outs, 2 stereo control room outs, 1 stereo studio out, 6 Aux Sends, 4 Stereo Returns. Comes with printed manual.
Meter Bridge – 32 channels (24 used) with 40 LED’s per channel (as opposed to the standard 10)
Patchbay – MIL-SPEC ADC Bantam patchbay. Wired to all 24 channel inserts, all 6 Aux sends, all 4 stereo returns, 22 outboard in’s and outs (38 stereo ¼” plugs, 3 XLR Female, 3 XLR male). Cables are connected via two, double-bladed 80-pin box connectors.
Desk – built around the Topaz. Rack rails on the upper left, and furring strips on lower right.

Roland Si-24 Control Surface $300 – Comes with printed manual and two 5’ MIDI cables.

Sountracs Solo Live! $450

24 channels, 24 Direct Outs, 6 Aux Sends, 4 Stereo returns, 4 Buss outs, Stereo Out, and Mono Out. Comes with power cord & printed manual.

This was part of my live reinforcement rig and will need some pots cleaned as it has been sitting in (climate controlled) storage for about 5 years. I purchased it with the push-button power switch stem broken. Switch still works, but it’s just “recessed” now. I always used the power strip to engage power.

Recording Interfaces:

M-Audio Delta 1010 $200 – 8 in/8 out 24/96 PCI recording interface. Comes in original box and with printed manual. CD with latest drivers included.

M-Audio Delta 44 $85 – 4 in/4 out 24/96 PCI recording interface. Comes in original box, CD of latest drivers, and printout of manual.

Computer $300: AMD 4200+ Dual Core CPU, 2GB DDR2 RAM, 150GB Program SATA Drive, 500GB Project SATA Drive, ATI X1600 Video Card, Mid-Tower ATX Case, USB Keyboard, PS2 Mouse, Two 20" Acer X203H LCD Monitors. (No OS or Software)

Two Acer X203H 20" LCD Monitors $90 each - comes with manufactures box, paperwork, and driver CD

TEAC AD-3 CD/Cassette Deck $50 - comes with printed manual. New cassette drive belt installed this year. Rack ears were added and can be removed.

1976 Dokorder 1140 $100 - ¼” Four Track Open Face Reel-To-Reel. Multi Sync capable, front panel bias adjustments, meter bridge, and memory function. Retailed for $1200 in 1976.

It runs. All lights and indicators work. All four VU meters work. All push in switches work. Tracks 2,3, & 4 record and playback. Track 1 has a problem. It’s either not recording or not playing back. I do not have another unit to check which one it is. The motor speed sounds pretty steady on playback of recorded audio. I have not checked the wow and flutter of this deck. The motors will need to be oiled though.

The transport switches need to be replaced. The good news on these are that panel mount, square momentary switches are still readily available. The current switches use a mylar membrane switch inside and the membrane contacts are too corroded over from time to work reliably. Luckily, they are not soldered to a PC board, so replacement will be painless.

The original wooden panel is missing from the front. Someone used a piece of wood and velcro in it's place. There's some damage to the fronts of the side panels. Some cuts of a nice plywood or even finish-grade pine would work well to replace the outter trim.

With some patience and TLC, this could be a great nostaliga piece for aanalog buffs or you can disassemble it and sell the individual parts.

Outboard Gear (all units except for the 3630 and the RE-27 were used in the studio):

dbx 266XL Stereo Compressor $85 - comes with printed manual and power cord.
dbx 266XL Stereo Compressor $80 - comes with printout of manual and power cord
dbx 266A Project 1 Stereo Compressor $70 - comes with printout of manual and power cord
dbx 1046 Four Channel Compressor $275 - comes with printed manual and power cord.
Aphex Model 105 Four Channel Logic Assisted Noise Gate $100 – comes with AC adapeter
Audio Logic Four Channel Noise Gate $75 – comes with power cord
Ensoniq DP/4 4 in - 4 out Digital Effect Unit $275 – comes with printed manual and power cord (black knob was to replace original know which was missing when I bought the unit)
(SOLD)Omnifex DD1024 Delay $50 (SOLD)
ART HD-31 1/3 Octave EQ $90 - comes with printout of manual and power cord
ART HD-31 1/3 Octave EQ $90 - comes with printout of manual and power cord
Yamaha Q2031 Stereo 1/3 Octave EQ $115 - comes with printout of manual
Gemini PL-9 Power Conditioner $25 – 8 outlets and 10 Amps
Symetrix 450 Line Mixer $225 – Stereo Out, Mono Out, 2 mono XLR inputs, two stereo ¼” inputs, and two stereo RCA inputs
Horizon SL-4 Four Channel Direct box $100 – four channel, passive rackmount DI with all the options
Alesis 3630 Stereo Compressor $50 - comes with printout of manual (will need 9VAC adapter)
Rane RE27 1/3 Octave EQ $50 – 1/3 octave EQ w/ built in RTA (no RTA Mic). Was part of the live rig.

Power Amplifiers & Headphone Amplifers:

Crown D150A Stereo Power Amplifier $200 – 75W RMS per ch. Comes with printout of service manual
AB International Precedent 600LX Stereo Power Amplifier $150 - $425W per Ch @ 4ohms. Internal Fan added.
Samson S-Amp 4 channel Headphone Amplifier $50 – Stereo Input, 4 channel output.
Yamaha NS-10M (pair)$500 – matching serial numbers. Comes with printout of manual

Instruments and Other Backline:

Charvel Model 4 Guitar w/ gig bag $350 – Still looking for the trem bar. HB-SC-SC active Jackson pups with taps. One nic as pictured.
Enoniq SQ1 Plus w/ Stand $175 - comes with printed manual and power cord.
VintageMusic Man 112RD Fifty $550 – Very clean, comes with original speaker and Sylvania Tubes (two 6L6 and 12AX7)
Ampeg VH-140C Amplifier Head $325 - comes with printout of manual. Missing one jack insert from the effects loop and one reverb knob.
Roland GK-3 Guitar MIDI Pick-up $175 comes in original packagaing, with printout of manual, and 13-pin 16' MIDI Cable
Roland GR-1 Guitar Synthesizer $200 - comes with printed manual and AC Adapter.
Crate BX-100 1x15 Bass Amp - price TDB
Boss DR-660 Drum Machine $75 - comes with printed manual and power cord.
Shure Single Diversity Guitar Wireless System $50 - comes with printout of manual and AC Adapter
3 Guitar Stands $10 each
Original Issue Paiste 22” RUDE Ride $200 No cracks or keyholing
Original Issue Paiste 14” Hi Hats $225 No cracks or keyholing
7 Piece Black Drum Set $325
• 10, 12, 16 Toms
• 14 & 15 Concert Series Toms
• 22" Kick Drum
• 14x6 metal Snare
• Tama Ride Stand
• Tama Hi-Hat Stand
• Ludwig Snare Stand
• Pearl Cymbal Stand
• Tama Dual Tom Mount
• Early Model Pearl Double Pedal

Microphones:

(SELL PENDING) 9 pc Superlux Drum Mic Set $150 (FK-2 kick, four FT-4 tom, FS-6 snare, two HO-8 overhead, and one HI-10 hat, 4 clips)
MXL 990 Condenser Mic $50 - comes with printout of manual, mount, and case
4 Newer LP Claws $20 each
• 1 Older LP Claw $10
Audix D4 $120 - comes with printout of manual, clip, and bag.
• Shure SM-57 $45
2 Shure Prologue Mics $15 each
5 Audio Technica Unidirectionals - $10 each
2 TEV TM-621 (new) $20 each
3 misc Samson mics $10 each
2 misc Behringer mics $10 each

Mic Stands

• 5 tripod boom stands $15 each
• 2 round-base boom stands $25 each
• 2 short stand boom stands $25 each
• CAD P-Filter on gooseneck mount and clip $20

Cables:

XLR Cables:

• 6 Short XLR cables $40
• 12 Medium Length XLR Cables $15 each
• 7 Long (50') XLR Cables $50 each
• 6 Channel 15' snake $75
• 8 Channel 25' snake $75

Insert and Patch Cables:

• 6 Long Insert cables $35
• 12 Short Insert cables $35
• 9 1/4" Stereo (TRS) patch cables $35
• 19 1/4" Mono patch cables $50

Adapters, MIDI,and RCA Cables:

Five 25’ Stereo Headphone Extension cables $10 each

$50 for all adapters and RCA cables
• 7 RCA to 1/4" Mono Plug adapters
• 2 RCA to 1/4" Stereo Plug (TRS) adapters
• 2 XLR to 1/4" Stereo (TRS) adapter cables
• 1 RCA stereo to 3.5mm stereo plug cable
• 2 RCA stereo to 1/4" Mono adapters
• 1 Stereo RCA Coupler
• 2 1/4" Mono Female to 1/4" Mono Plug adapter cables
• 2 1/4" Mono Couplers
• 1 4 Channel RCA cable
• 1 RCA Sterep Female to RCA Stereo Male cable
• 2 RCA Stereo cables

Misc:

• 48” 8 outlet power strip w/ switch and breaker - $50
• 10 outlet power strip w/ switch and breaker - $15
• 6 outlet power stip w/ switch, breaker, and ground fault tester - $35
• Nine 2’ x 4’ panels of RPG ProFoam $200

Last edited:
If you can give me an idea of how much shipping to Australia would be (postcode 5074), I might be interested in one of the DBX 266XL compressors, and maybe the SM57 as well.

EDIT: Does the DBX support 240 volts?

If you can give me an idea of how much shipping to Australia would be (postcode 5074), I might be interested in one of the DBX 266XL compressors, and maybe the SM57 as well.

Just a quick question MichaelM ....Is all of Australia 240 volt?

:cool:

Located in Huntsville, AL

For the non-shippable items, I can meet within a limited radius (wife is laid off, so gas $ is tight).

The dbx does not support 240V. I had to check and make sure they weren't capable of being switched from 120 to 240. They're not. They are pre-configured for their voltage input.

You could always buy a transformer. Not sure what they cost over there, but they cost $30-50 over here for a pretty beefy step-up/down transformer sufficient to run most power amps....

Transformer may not work- any device that has time-keeping may not keep time properly, as that function is often Hz-dependent.

A transformer is a possibility, but it probably isn't worth the effort by the time you factor in the unit, shipping, buying an transformer, maybe plug adapters, etc.

Good luck selling it all alien!

Thanks MichaelM :)

I'm surprised I haven't been hit up for a few items as of yet. One of them being the MusicMan. Considering it has the original speaker and vintage tubes lol!

Today has been hellishly busy (I work biomed technical) so anyone I told I'd get shipping charges to, that'll come tomorrow (Tuesday).

No rest for the weary lol!

Transformer may not work- any device that has time-keeping may not keep time properly, as that function is often Hz-dependent.

Compressors generally work via capacitor time constants, not mains frequency. Audio gear that does need a timing signal is going to rectify & filter the mains AC right away, and generate any timing signal it needs from an oscillator running off its DC rails.

The issue with the 50Hz mains frequency is the transformer needs to be a bit larger to cope with the lower frequency.

1976 Dokorder 1140 - there's a name I haven't seen in ages.

That's a hell of a machine. Did many recordings with one back then (my father owned one). I'd jump on this if it didn't have to be shipped, but the thing is pretty heavy if memory serves.

Thing weighs a ton.

I can check to see how much FedEx ground would be. It takes forever, but is generally cheaper. It would also probably be safer to ship it with the meter bridge seperate fromt he main drive unit as well. I dread trying to find boxes for this beast, but if that's what it takes lol!

Back