Selling Guitars on Craig List?

Flamin Lip

I have had pretty good luck buying and selling guitaras on CL, but for some reason there are always 5 listings that never seem to sell and keep getting relisted for months.

Just wondering what everyone thought about buying and selling on CL?

Here are a few deals that turned out sweet that started on CL:

bought a late 60s Gibson ES??? for $700.... flipped on ebay for $1800

Bought 2 cherry Farfisa Compact organs for $350 for the pair..sold on ebay for $1100

Bought a stage fender Rhodes for $100 but when I arrived to pick it up her garage was like a vintage museum for gear... picked up a Leslie cab and foot preamp for $50... also got an old Kustom tuck rolled bass amp for $50 and found a 1959 Pbass for $500.... the bass alone sold for over $4000

Have had a few other good deals on vintage synths.... but cant remember the details!

I don't like craigslist. I prefer backpage. Craigslist allows people flag items that "offend" them. So you get this certain group of people going through listings every day flagging what they don't like. So people have to resort to, "I have 357 picture frames for sale. Some with initials S & W on the frames. Most hold 4" pictures. Used once or twice. Very nice. Email for pictures. $400obo". But why would someone sell picture frames on the sporting goods page? :rolleyes: So they go ahead and flag it anyways. :(

But to your point. Stuff that is overpriced or close to book value doesn't sell well. If its a deal it will sell in 20 minutes.

Flamin Lip said:
I have had pretty good luck buying and selling guitaras on CL, but for some reason there are always 5 listings that never seem to sell and keep getting relisted for months.

Those are the listings for the "Fender Squier Stratocaster - Like New Condition - $300.00 (list - $599.00)...SAVE $200.00".

Either that or the used Gibson Les Paul Studio for $1200.00 ads.

:rolleyes:

I've had decent luck on craigslist (buying and selling), but like Outlaws mentioned, the good deals are gone in 20 minutes or so.

Back