Selling Cubase 4 on ebay! Cheap!

does this include the reliscensing(sp?) anyone interested in this should be aware of this... technicaly you dont own the software... so ya cant sell it... you can sell the liscense... but steinberg will want a fee for the change...

err, i don't understand. It comes with the dongle which has the license on it already, therefore it does not need to have a license transfer, correct?? The product is Un-registered.

my bad... i assumed you at least had been using it and had registered... out of curiousity though... why are you selling it if you haven't really tried it???

nah, dude I never had to register it, all I did was download the license from steiny and now it's saved on the dongle an it can be used on any computer with an available USB port!

well then it is registered... they may be able to use it as is... that is to say just the version on the disk (most are v4.0 or 4.1) with out changing the liscense... but there would be no upgrade path available to them either to the current 4.5 or to C5... but dont take any of this as gospel... call steinberg or read the EULA that came with the software... not trying to be argumentative... just trying to make sure people know what they are buying... fwiw... typiclly it's the seller that has to take care of the reliscensing so steiny knows that someone didnt just steal the disc and the dongle...

well, in my defense, the things I sell are always clean and described accuratly. I just checked my account with Steinberg and it says I have no registered software programs with them. So I don't know what to tell you if you can't beleive me...

strange... generaly when you do that download to the dongle it registers automaticly with steinberg... at least mine always has done that... any how... good luck with the sale.... sorry dude didn't mean to rag on you...

Back