Selective Plug-in Use

Denus

Hello all, (Question in bottom paragraph if you'd like to skip ahead)

I'm a 22 year old in the DFW area and just bought my own mobile rig over the summer. I'm running LE 7.4 w/an 002R and a Presonus Digimax LT as my front end. I bought the setup to record my own music, but have now begun to work with the college in Denton making regular sessions every month. I've been lurking for a while now, and this site has yielded great information, and now with my latest session I finally had to register to ask for some help.

I had to record a 7 piece vocal jazz group (a capella)and had to use the school's mics, 4 SM 81s, so I arranged them in a cross pattern, all at 90 degrees to the next mic, with the singers in a circle in order to get the best chances of isolation.

Q:
Moral of the story, the standard SM 81 windscreens couldn't get rid of all the plosives of the bass voice (he had a mic to himself, fortunately). I have an idea of how to fix that thanks to these forums, but I was curious to know how to apply eq and compression plug-ins selectively, only to those plosive peaks where it is needed. Since the problem occurs in the bass voice, I need to try to maintain some of that bottom-end.

Thanks for any help!

Back