Seemingly..and probably dumb-ass question.

SOUND DIAGNOSIS

Is it standard operating procedure for burning multiple waveforms onto a CD this way.... ONE track compromised of all the tracks to be on an entire CD??? I usually load separate waves into CD creator software and then burn em' as separate tracks onto the CD! Is there any advantage to just burning one long-ass wave with like 4 second separations between songs?? Thanks in advance! ----Lee

Advantages? What did you have in mind? And why not just burn separate tracks to the CD like everybody else? LOL

dobro said:
Advantages? What did you have in mind? And why not just burn separate tracks to the CD like everybody else? LOL

:D LOL is right! I ask because of what I read on another forum:

What's everyone's process for getting audio onto CD?

I basically now load all my tracks into one waveform.. place cues where needed and save.. use the CueList tool (thankyou ozpeter!) to make a cue file ..and burn at 1x using Alcohol 120%

Just thought I would ask the experts around these-a-here forums because I am eager to find out the pro's and con's of apparently 2 different ways of creating CD'S with multiple tracks. All the best from sunny, warm Florida. Don't hate me. ---Lee

Hate you? Nah...no chance. And 'experts around here'? Not much chance of that either. LOL

I've never heard of burning the whole CD as a single file. I don't see any advantage, unless it enabled you to choose how long the silent gap is between songs - you could vary it. But can't you do that with good software these days anyway, the stuff that automatically puts a gap between songs? I'm still using an old version of EZ CD creator - automatic gap, same length each time.

I wouldn't do it if I had the files already split up. But it could be useful if you had one big file of say a concert or live recording and you didn't want any gaps. You could just put cue marks at different places during the concert.

Tukkis

But it could be useful if you had one big file of say a concert or live recording and you didn't want any gaps. You could just put cue marks at different places during the concert.

That's what I'm doing right now - transcribing concerts from tape to hard disk as one big long wave - doing some cleanup and adding 'magic dust' - and just putting in markers where new songs start. Saves a lot of time and lets the concert progress without any gaps...

For personal use - I don't know if markers is red book - something like it is I'm sure. Something similiar must be used for crossfades - another possible use of markers.

kylen

Back