Seeking vocals for this tune, if anybody is interested.

Khompewtur

*Retired*
Hey if anybody is interested i'd like some vocals for this song. I've been sitting on it for a while and I want to finish it, but i can't seem to conquer this one.

Uhm.. a few notes, i'd like them to be fun but not overly silly but still playful. If you can think parental please, i'd appreciate it but not a mandate. The joke is that my parent's names are Bob and Anne thus the appearance of these words many times at the end of the solo. That is them bugging each other ;) :D

So i'm thinking vox anywhere from the start to the 1:37 mark (beginning of solo) and then perhaps at the 3:00 mark to the end of the song. I know it's a big gap in the middle to not sing but it gets a little busy in that middle section but if you have something i can't resist, by all means.

If anyone is going to post something or whatever or wants to give me a holler, please do. We'll work out the logistics.

here's the linky ~~~>> jabbawock

I was intrigued by your request/challenge. But, you're looking for more than vox - you want vox, lyrics and melody - correct?

I checked out the tune. Nice job. Although I'm not listening on my monitors - just computer speakers - it sounds well mixed.

I was seriously considering taking a crack at it. However, I don't think my voice would work very well for something with this kind of "edge". But, I've got a friend whose voice would fit nicely.

Regardless of whether I try it, I think it would help everyone if you could post the chord progression for this song - identifying where you are expecting verse/chorus/bridge(?) - and the number of measures for each.

BPOCO

This some wicked growth ... fuzzy ... furry ... :D I like !

This needs the B.SABBATH vocal treatment.

One could wrap upon this I do believe old chap !

:D @studiovols..

Khomp, I hear some 'serious' compressor pumping on this.. I think it's mainly the drums but it's driving me nuts.. almost sounds like a tape with dirty heads, or one that needs to be demagnetized.. aren't you guys hearing this? also, why would you want to wait soo long for vocals to come in? that's too long with nothing happening.. also, I would take out the vocals that you did add so it's a clean blank slate to start on.. just my 1 cent..

cool riff and solos, but that pumping is rediculous..

Hey thanks for the responses guys.

Uhm.. here's some clarifications:

Yes, i was looking for lyrics, melody, vocals, it's a blank slate. Go crazy.

I DO want vocals from the beginning to the 1:37 mark. The only place i was suggesting no vox was during the solo which starts at 1:37.

Sam, i listened carefully and checked the compressor settings any and all of the tracks and there really isn't much on everything. I don't understand what you are detecting?

The drum track has a 2.4:1 compressor on it and a gain of 0db which was the 'drums1' preset from the WaveArts Trackplug. Perhaps what is bothering you is the reverb ("Next Door Drummer" preset) ?

I'd hate to get rid of the Anne & Bob stuff because i do want to share this with my parents, i'm sure we'll all have laughs over it. If you have an idea that absolutely requires dropping the break vox, just let me know and i can scrub them.

As far as chord progressions and stuff, i'm not really sure. I don't remember how to play stuff for more than a few days so i'd have to relearn. But basically the whole song is just some pretty basic riffing (2 or 3 variations).

Ok analyzed the beginning of the song hopefully this will help:

Riff 1 (x2) - 8 measures
Break (x1) - 4 measures
Riff 2 (x4) - 16 measures
Riff 3 (x4) - 8 measures
Break (x1) - 3 measures

then it goes into the solo

No new riffs appear after that point.

drums are over compressed. although guitar tracks are good but drum needs to be released out. :D wow you have vocals at 2:40 "PA PA PA PAM PA PA" :cool:

i will give it this, i have been messign with it, but this one is a bit more complicated then i thought. it seems it was meant more for just the music. where i have been able to add vocals it sounds pretty good in my mind. i looses right at the first break. then what i would classify as the chours it comes in rreally good. i am not beating the song down in anyway. it just doesnt seem to have that verse chours verse chours break build to it. there is nothign wrong with that. i will post and example tonight or tommorrow.

Mean.... asswhipping mean. I enjoyed this one big time. That primary loop really busy. I liked it like it was, drums not pumping much, just really big kick which I loved. No suggestions for that piece other than maybe a eery growl and grind off a B3 with hot tubes in the back somewhere.

Sorry I can't help you out here with vox, but I thought the piece was excellent. Great tones and cool riff.

I have the same issues trying to come up with with vocal melodies. One thing you could try is to 'borrow' some lyrics from the songwriting forum, or artistcollaboration.com, and use these to help you arrange the song into a verse/bridge/chorus structure. Then all you need is someone to provide the melody - the lyrics are already there

Well i'm glad that you guys gave this some listens, i feel kinda bad posting it knowing it was unfinished, but i see soo soo000 many musicians around here i figured somebody would give it a shot.

I hear what you are saying Bulls Hit about brainstorming in the songwriting forum, but i have had some fun collaborations here that i've been really please with so I'm always up for trying something new.

Tomb if you are still in and wanna post something or maybe send me a pm where we can exchange files i'm all for it.

J'ever notice some songs almost write themselves and some you just struggle and struggle with? :D I literally sat down for 3 sessions with this and came up with 'delete', uhm.. 'delete', and .... more 'delete'.. ah well.. :rolleyes:

Back