Seed of Memory, recorded to '70s 8 channel tape

MusicalSound

This track i recorded to a very vintage get-up! I love the sound. It's rough, but it's that 70s sound I can't get with digital. I'm as happy as a clam with this old gear. I handled all the instruments on this track. The tracks are as follows:

1- '60s violin bass -> 1975 Gallien Kruger G200 -> 1975 shure 545L
2- '60s/'70s FrankenGibson I built -> 1960s Rosac Transistor Nu-Wah, 1975 Gallien Kruger G200 -> 1975 shure 545L
3- '60s Blue sparkle 5-piece drum set -> 1960s EV 636 Slimair mic
4- '68 Goya T-16 Acoustic -> 1975 shure 545L
5- vocal -> 1975 shure 545L
6- vocal -> 1975 shure 545L
7- 1960s Artley student Flute -> 1975 Shure 545L
8- 1976 Ooctave cat Music synth (wind sound, direct in board)

all recorded to 1978 Teac M15 board, 1978 Teac 80-8, 1970 scotch 203 1/2" tape 15ips with noise reduction

This is a very weird and tripped out version. I love Terry Reid's original music... I think you might have butchered this song lol. It's just whacked out and all over the place. The vocals sound really off key on some parts as well. And all the weird delays and reverbs bouncing around don't help cover it up. I think it's a cool concept you got going. Could use a lot of tightening up though.

haha definitely butchered it. I went back and listened to the Terry Reid version and I didn't even realize my version's in a whole 'nother key. It really is butchered though, I laughed that you said that, but I do like the sound of the tape stuff. I can't get this sound in digital land for whatever reason! But thank you very even listening to it. Appreciate it john
ps this was mixed directly from the reel to reel and mixed down to two channels in Reaper audio. Then bounce-down to mp3 land.

haha definitely butchered it. I went back and listened to the Terry Reid version and I didn't even realize my version's in a whole 'nother key. It really is butchered though, I laughed that you said that, but I do like the sound of the tape stuff. I can't get this sound in digital land for whatever reason! But thank you very even listening to it. Appreciate it john
ps this was mixed directly from the reel to reel and mixed down to two channels in Reaper audio. Then bounce-down to mp3 land.

Yeah I don't mean it in a negative way. Sometimes when you make a song your own and it turns into something different it can be really cool. Just could be nailed down a little tighter if you know what I mean :D

Back