Secret Pro Mixing and Recording Formula Finally Exposed!

deejaytrixx

Finally a complete scientific study that we all can use to guarantee getting the best recording, tracking mixing and mastering..a fool proof iron clad formula that both beginners and experts can use to improve their music!!

GET LAID!!

A lot of u seem like you need it..Crawl out of that dark control room with the french fries growing mold and soda that has become so flat its turning into water...get out..on the town..get laid..listen to the breeze...

Really, you will be surprised at how much better your mixes sound when you haven't been in the anechoic chamber for a couple hours and away from your precious computer monitors..Lord knows its helped me plenty in my times of getting stuck in the rut..

No seriously..we are obsessive ppl by nature..that is how we do this work..But its rather unhealthy and we forget that we are doing a job and sometimes need to take a vacation!!! We need to step away from the msg and artifical coloring and go for a jog.....we need a break! Its amazing how we battle over technical and artistic details in great depths but forget our mental and physical health.

As silly as your post sounds, and people may think you're an asshole for it, it really does help alot. Great for writer's block. It's like "OK, I'm relieved. Got what I want. Now time to write some tunes." Being high works 100 times better though.

As silly as your post sounds, and people may think you're an asshole for it, it really does help alot. Great for writer's block. It's like "OK, I'm relieved. Got what I want. Now time to write some tunes." Being high works 100 times better though.

Yeah Im sure they do, but the impact of mental frustration on your work is a serious hamper in an artistic field. Spending hours in one room everyday all day is already not a healthy way to live. Couple that with the very little human interaction most have during a week when they are mixing and not recording and you have a receipe for a serial killer. I have noticed most producers nad engineers rarely EVER go on vacation. I see some get frustrated over a mix and composition...and refuse to walk away and do somethng new for a week or two...But I digress...this forum isn't about the profession of engineering and recording, its more about who is qualified to call themselves an engineer.

BTW..getting high.....absolute genius work gets done in that state...I couldn't agree more

Crawl out of that dark control room
That dark control room is where we get laid. You don't think we really need those 124-input Neves to actually record or mix 124 tracks at once, do you? The main purpose for those is as a nice, heated, flat suface on which we can stretch out. Just throw a ThermaRest pad over the knobs and you're ready to go. Hell, with the right automation programming you can add "magic fingers" to the process!

Engineer #1: How many groupies does it take to change a light bulb?

Engineer #2: Why would we have them do THAT?

G.

Back