Second Recording! I hope I am learning the right way...

I think the singer has a nice voice. There's a little sibalance - lot's of SSSSSSS sounds. Possibly too much of a hyped high end. Something a little "cheap" about the vocal recording. Maybe a USB mic? But a very pretty voice.

Something amiss around 2:10. A little pop and a pause.

The MIDI sounds were OK. I might think about adding instruments as the song progresses (e.g., add a guitar or bass or percussion or harmony in the second verse, etc.).

Really good for a second recording. Hope the critique helps.

Hear a lot of hiss during the intro... out of the many of things that could cause that, the easiest would be to make sure any of the other tracks are muted until they kick in.

Good vocal performance, but yes the high end is definitely killing it. Also sounds like the vocals are clipping.

What level are you recording the vocals at (volume)? they sound like they're clipping at points and just really hot overall.

good performances.

the high end is a mess though. I don't know if it's the mic or the mixing or what, but those vocals sound like there's no low end or mids, just a lot of highs.

The strings sound "thin." And the femal vox sound "thick." (EQ) Not a bad singer? Actually potentially quite good. It's much more of an issue w/gear and processing. But the strings are bad :-(

I would also make you a little wetter (verb) And the song cries out to grow, bass, drums, etc... But I over produce everything, so take that with a grain...

Back