Sebatron demo

lotuscent

Hey all - I bet you all remember the recent Sebatron controversy...

Well, during all that, I researched it a bunch, read all the posts, reviews, etc., figured what the heck, and I bought a vmp-2000 (they were offering free shipping, a big deal since I live in Alaska).

It just arrived.

Anyway, I bet some of you are curious to hear it.

I am thinking of putting it up against an RNP for kicks and posting the results.

Whadya say? Do you guys want to hear these two in the hands of a competent but not at all godly engineer?

If you have suggestions as to what sources you want to hear and/or how the test should be conducted, let me know.

peace.

I am interested!

I need at least 2 more channels of pre. I am thinking of the Sebatron, the Toft atc-2 and a few others. I have 4 channels of RNP so it would be great to rate it aginst something I am familiar with!

I'm ordering a 2 channel Sebatron soon.

1. How long did it take to have it delivered from when you bought it?

2. I would also like to hear a shootout. Make sure and use good cables.

Thanks.

The last Sebatron recording I heard sounded like a bunch of soft synths. It was um... neat. I would like to hear some real instruments recorded with it.

Justin

I checked it out last night with some classical guitar and vox - very good results using a U87, Alesis AM51 and an SM81...

Still playing with the eq switches and the pads (to vary the amount of input/tube gain)...

I will be at it for awhile. I'm trying to find some optimum settings to compare with the RNP (whch has no settings) for comparison...

When I get the time, I will post...
for now I'm having fun...

peace

Rev E, my Sebatron Copernicus was delivered within one week, and that's because he doesn't sell many Copernicus filters, so it was made after I paid him, plus I insisted that he take all the time in the world to check everything before it's shipped out. The actual shipping took about three days by FedEx to Toronto, so very fast and reliable.

Cheers

Back