seasound solo ex

pilgrim

Anyone out there using the solo ex by seasound? Only heard great reviews from every recording magazine, but no hands on info posted here. It's dual platform and still don't know which way to go, mac g4 or pent 3 ect. The digi 001, ardvark, and solo ex are the only ones out there that I know of that have out boxes with pre amps. For me the solo looks like the way to go ,but it would be nice to hear some feedback. I plan on doing all tracks myself so I don't need a system with all those ins and outs. It also comes with cubasis vst and can be upgraded to the bigger versions, cheaper than you could by it by itslf. Thanks Pilgrim

Pilgrim,

I'm in the middle of deciding what to get too. You mentioned the others with mic preamps, but didn't mention the Echo Mona, which has finally just come out on the market (after being advertised for over 6 months). It also has 4 of those universal inputs like the Aardvark Direct Pro has that take XLR, balanced or unbalanced 1/4" jacks. I like the idea of not having to spend $500 at least on a mixer in addition to all the money I'm going to have to spend on upgrading my computer, etc. The other Echo cards (Gina, Darla, Layla) seem to be pretty good products. But I don't think they have any bundled software other than Cool Edit Pro Special Edition. The SeaSound is also less expensive overall. Then again, the Aardvark has DSP effects so you can save some host processing resources. It's a tough choice.

(By the way, I see you're in East Meadow. I grew up in Hicksville, right nearby!)

[This message has been edited by AlChuck (edited 04-28-2000).]

Back