searching for a special sound

xaxuxar

Hello, I am an apprentice dj,
I like to mix a lot of funk/disco music and I have a sound that I hear in a lot of music and impossible to find. I put it in the attached files.

Where to find this sound with a clean audio so that I can sample it and use it to make transitions of music ?

Thank you, have a good day

Attachments

• praise-cats-feat-andrea-love-shined-on-me-giovi-mmxx-bootleg (mp3cut.net).mp3
    1.1 MB
I put you the sound of 5s extracted from a music and the music in question. In the excerpt after hearing the "I've got" it's this sound/instrument that I would like to get in a clean format so I can sample it and put it whenever I want during my mixes. If by any chance you know where I can find it ?

Attachments

• praise-cats-feat-andrea-love-shined-on-me-giovi-mmxx-bootleg (mp3cut.net) (2).mp3
    1.2 MB
  • praise-cats-feat-andrea-love-shined-on-me-giovi-mmxx-bootleg.mp3
    7.9 MB
Ok. First off, that sound that sounds like high pitched strings is very easy to create using any synthesizer, or synthesizer plug-in (VSTi). If you have any musical background, you should be able to create that sound very easily. You do not need to sample it and then embed it. Just get a soft synth (VSTi) with a MIDI controller and make your own. Almost every soft synth you buy will come with several hundred sound presets and should be categorized (Leads, Keys, Synths, Strings, Bass, Fx, etc.) Pick the one you like in the Strings category, and then play around with its Amp envelope to get the attack and release you like, and also play around with the effects on the sound within the Soft Synth. You'll have fun and solve your problem in no time.

Next, that 3½ minute recording you uploaded has potential, but there are serious problems with it, that can be fixed very easily:

You do not want to have "Dead spots" which are riddled throughout. As the verse is just beginning to get sung, the beat and music almost completely drop out. At 31 seconds. That is a big let down. There's space and no sound between the singing. Bad.

Then at the end of that verse, roughly 42 seconds in, you do it again. Instead of the music gaining energy, the music kinda drops off to some too simplistic piano chords.

Then the verse starts again at 47 seconds in, and the audience should be hearing a whole lot of energetic music coming in at this point, but instead, more deadness behind the singing. The people who are at a dance/disco club should be treated to a highly energetic music piece at this point in the song so they are motivated to start dancing their hearts out to the music. But that is not what is happening here.

Ok... so maybe you want to delay the action. But here again, at the end of this verse (59 seconds in) the same problem persists.

Try again? Ok... you start the verse again and midway through you start a snare drum roll that one expects to climax with a lot of energy, but instead the snare rolls an extra measure and then when you expect the Sonic Boom, you get deadness again.

By the end of that verse (1:17) you should have a power BASS line coming in, and other instruments to fill the dead space with great sounding dance music. The people want to dance. Give them something to dance to. And syncopated instruments would help a lot here to give a rhythmic beat to those sounds (horns, guitars?, strings, synth sounds).

The rest of the track does about the same thing ongoing.

My suggestions as a composer.

Last edited:
Back