SE2200a vs AT4040

Which is the best overall mic?

• SE Electronics SE2200a

Votes: 4 40.0%
  • Audio Technica AT4040

Votes: 6 60.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I did a comparison of the SE2200-A vs the U87.
We found the 2200A to have similar characteristics of the U87 however it did not have the "air" and some of the depth of the U87.
However, for $300 vs $3000, it was very surprising.
Cant comment on the AT4040 at all. Sorry.
BG/HSG

I think this thread just goes to show how far the chinese have come technology wise. If you are into or interested in lighting a show the chinese have just made what they call an axial lamp they are 650 watts and throw as much light as a standard 1 K profile and they are a lot less expensive. Their is some seariously competitively priced kit coming out of that country and it appears to be of a decent build quality.

EdJames said:
Which microphone of these two offers the best sound and value for money?

I own the 2200A and I must say it really produces a clear, transparent sound found in much higher end mics. It's also very versatile.

GOODLAND said:
I own the 2200A and I must say it really produces a clear, transparent sound found in much higher end mics. It's also very versatile.
I agree!
However, I must say that I am selling mine for $225 (+ship) if you are interested. Includes case and (monstrous) shockmount.
Am wanting to buy the Z5600A and Z3300A.
HSG

homestudioguy said:
I agree!
However, I must say that I am selling mine for $225 (+ship) if you are interested. Includes case and (monstrous) shockmount.
Am wanting to buy the Z5600A and Z3300A.
HSG
I would normally take that offer but I'm planning on doing the same thing you are. I want to upgrade to the Z3300A as well in order to get the omnidirectional capability. I don't want to get rid of my Z2200A yet becasue it still works perfect for acoustic guitars.

Back