SDC pair for acoustics. cascade m39 advice.

bstarstudios

Useless Thoughts
I am recording acoustics a lot more these days

Was looking at the Cascade m39 pair as its 150 for two (presumable with clips).

Anyone used these particular miccs. tried to search the forum but came up dry.

right now its between a pair of those or the Kel hm-3c.

suggestions?

Not to add anything to this discussion, but I was interested in them too. I'd like to hear some clips and reviews. The fatheads are nice, but I have no experience with the M39.

it looks like the m39s are a go once i get paid again. they are a local company for me (despite being chinese made i assume). unless i read some not so good reviews of them, then its the kel mentioned above.

ive read the predecessor (m37's) were fairly solid at drum overheads and clear on acoustics, but they didnt get the best reviews and people said the supposed flat eq was a bit high in the mids, so well see what the m39s bring.

I got a pair of CAD CM217 SDC's and I think they're really great for being 60$ a piece, although I got them at GC buy one get one free.

I got a pair of CAD CM217 SDC's and I think they're really great for being 60$ a piece, although I got them at GC buy one get one free.

yeah you can buy them everywhere online for bogo at 60 for two. i owned a pair that came in cads basic drum package, they sounded fine on acoustics but i didnt get a sound i really liked or that stuck out to me, id call them just as good as my ldc (mxl v88)

i think the cascade provide a good packaged pair at 150 for two (140 and free shipping for amazon prime members)

but the kel still is in the running because it looks so fine and has a great response curve (aka no curve at all)

Back