Screamo/Rock Song

jmxdrummer

Can anyone give me some feedback on a new track I recorded. This is my first screamo band therefore Im not sure if the way I mixed and eq the song is appropriate for this style of music. I usually record metal and punk bands.

<a href="http://www.jmxdrummer.com/song1revB.mp3> Song 1 </a>

thanks you guys

drums sound very very compressed....I think thats what Im hearing...maybe take some of the OH's out. Id take out some of the low end of the snare so it has more high end snap. The snare also has a ringing sound....listen to just the snare track and see if you can find the freq. and pull it out. I would probably double the guitar on the left, and pan them, then let the guitar on the right sit more towards the center....Im not a big fan of the way you have them panned...

Sounds pretty bad to be brutally honest.
The pan balance is off, and the drums sound very far away.
I think the guitars sound well recorded, but the mix could sound alot better with the tracks you have.

Alot of work is needed here in the mix departement to get it sounding anywhere near good.

Send us a PM if you want any tips on the mix.

Eck

the drums sound like they're being played through a metal tube full of marbles. it sounds like you have just left a very thin band of mids there on the snare and then compressed it to hell and back - try letting the drums breathe a bit more, all compression will do is such dynamics if you overuse it like that. maybe have a listen to the drums and how they're sounding i.e. eq, compression, verb in some records similar to this that you like as a kind of reference point.i agree with ecktronic that the guitars are really good, nice and thick when needed but a really nice clean tone there too - they'll sound so much better with excellent drums to support them though! don't fret though. try a remix and learn a bit more of the craft, the song is really promising!

Back