Scrap or Salvage

Richie2708

Dis Member
Last edited:
I didn't really like it much. It sounds like Linkin Park, or that other band that sounds like then with a girl singer ("wake me up...I can't wake up") and that's not really my kind of music. I'd scrap it especially considering how much work it's going to take to get it back.

Only you can answer the scrap or salvage question. Maybe you hear something now that you didn't hear back then. It's interesting, but it would need some great vocals to carry it IMO. For whatever reason, it didn't work for you back then and maybe it doesn't now. But it might work a year from now. You obviously spent some time on it, maybe instead of scrapping you might just want to put in on the back burner.

Nah... Definitely wouldn't scrap this one. Sounds really interesting. Melody lines are flowing like crazy with this. If you can rap, this thing would have some awesome possibilities.

That's a mixed bag of responses...

Rapping was definitely the type of vocal I saw going with this years back, but I couldn't rap to save my live, and never found anyone that really was good enough to go in the mix. It will take a fair bit to get back, but Like Poetic said, it does flow really well, and I think it could be worth pursuing again. Will have to sort out some eq issues, there were some muddy frequencies in there, but hey if I start from scratch u never know they might not present themselves this time. Time to find a rapper.........

Thx for the comms guys :)

Back