Scotland---Canada----+=MUSIC

Can't listen until later but += must mean you're a programmer C++ ?? (lol) While I'm here - did you track the drums first or last or to a scratch track?

There's lots of good Canuckleheads playing music - eh?

Take Care - I'll check this out asap.....

:) :D :) :D

Good song & probably good recording but it's a little lofi. Probably MP3 processing.
Did you exchange using max possible MP3 resolution?
I reckon it'll be really good with some clarity & remixing.

Hi guys, just registered to answer the question.

Mark (scotsman1) and I collaborated on this tune.

I wrote and sang the song but was unhappy with my MIDI finger drumming. Met Mark on another board, sent him a mix with no drums in mp3 format. Mark recorded his drums and sent me a wav file of the drum track only, which I then quickly remixed into the song. I agree that I need to do a better job of the mix.

Next, we'll try multiple tracks for each drum instrument.

Tim

YellowDwarf,
Hi & welcome etc.
Very recently I incorporated a drum track sent my MP3 into a song. It worked quite well. The drums were in stereo & at CD quality. I did have to add a few dB to them after converting to wave & uploading into Cakewalk to get the full sound. The drummer recorded with 4 mics & mixed to stereo obviously.
The drummer is RAMI - that says a lot already.
If you go to the 1st link in my signature at soundclick listen to Wah Wow or Patch of Ground. Those tracks have imported over the internet drums.
It's a good prac to send your prep track as music in 1 channel & whatever rudimentary drums/click track in the other so that whilst recording the drummer can boost the signal of either as needed.
Rami did any EQ'ing reverb etc he felt necessary before sending the drums along so that there's an inherent unity to the kit's sound.
Have another go at it - it's a good song & performances seem pretty good al around as well.
Well done scotsman1 & YellowDwarf.

Thanks for that advice :) i listened to those tracks and
like them and i can see the difference in the drums, 4 mics
....maybe i'll need to be trying that once i pay for my roland.
But the advice and opinions are greatly appreciated.
Thanks

Back