Scars In The Sky (something new and fresh)

I'm partial to this type of music generally. There were things I liked about this track and things I did not. I liked the kind of jazzy feel of sections, like a fusion of electronica and smooth jazz. Parts reminded me of William Orbit--that's a good thing. The instrumentation, arrangement, and playing were good. Loved some of the synth patches as well as the bass and guitar. The singing seemed rough in spots, not so much pitch but the timing of the delivery, the articulation of the lyrics. Like maybe more rehearsal and a few more takes were needed to nail it. In places the lyrics could be fine-tuned to fit better into the groove, places were there were too many words or syllables to try to cram into the particular melody and beat that you were singing them to. If you know what I mean. Overall, I'd say it's promising but needs development. Sorry most of these comments are about composition rather than mix, but that's what I got.

Are you a Of Montreal fan by any chance? :)

Composition is really great, it's obvious you put in a lot of work. Acoustic guitar was recorded really well, it sounds beautiful.

In the intro there's a drum machine, this part seems to have a really narrow image. Feels like it should be wider. That's all the notes I have, really enjoyed the piece.

Certainly travels to different places in a hurry.
There're pitch issues with vocals here & there - the song is worth getting them sorted out.
Interesting.

The whole arrangement is beautifully written and played, full of changes and interesting effects.

Back