scarlett 2i4 problems

venndi

Hello!

I bought a scarlett 2i4, I had install the driver for windows.
When I run the guitar rig, the voice come out with a guitarrig voice (what is good), but in the background (when I play), I hear the clean guitar voice too (for example, the sound, when I plugged my guitar and cable in the computers voicecard). How can I disable this voice?
And one more thing, the voice of guitar rig came out, just in the headphones, when I plugged in, in the scarlett...The front speakers, what are plugged in stereo amp, and connected with PC soundcard, does not play the guitarrig sound, just the clean.
I had try everything...in windows sound settings, in guitarrig settings...
In the guitarrig, when I open the audio an MIDI settings, by driver stay ASIO and washapi, in device I choose the scarlett 2i4. By the driver should not be something "scarlett"?
I have MSI gf-615m p33 motherboard, if it means something.

Can someone help me? (sorry for bad english, I hope you understand what is the problem)

You're using the computer soundcard and the Scarlett at the same time?

Disable the computer soundcard and use the Scarlett by itself.

Control panel> sounds and audio devices > audio tab > select the Scarlett as the default playback and record device.

Patch your speakers to the outputs off the Scarlett.

Thank you c7sus :)
Okay, I had select the scarlett as default playback and record device.
How can I disable the computers soundcard?
I'm really beginner in the recordings...so when I turned up the "input playback" than I hear the guitarrig effects, it's always necessery? I mean for the turn up the input playback...But again, I hear in the same time the clean(when I just plugged in without any software), and the guitarrigs "effects".

What audio software are you using to host GuitarRig?

I don't use amp sims so I don't have much experience with them.

Just choosing the Scarlett should put the computer soundcard out of the signal chain.

Thank you c7sus :)
Okay, I had select the scarlett as default playback and record device.
How can I disable the computers soundcard?
I'm really beginner in the recordings...so when I turned up the "input playback" than I hear the guitarrig effects, it's always necessery? I mean for the turn up the input playback...But again, I hear in the same time the clean(when I just plugged in without any software), and the guitarrigs "effects".

To disable the internal sound card (W7) go...
Start>Control Panel>Hardware and sound>Device manager. Go down and find Sound,Video and game Controllers, expand and find (probly) IDT Hi DEFF Audio CODEC, right click and disable. Do not uninstall, it will just come back at the next boot!

If you feel up to it it is best to uninstall the AI software first and then disable OB sound THEN put the AI back. I know you shouldn't have to these days but when the devil drives....?

Dave.

Thank you Dave!

I had make a printscreen pics, so stay my settings...
1. In guitarrig by device stay scarlett, but by Driver is ASIO and WASAPI, everything works...but I don't know, by driver should be stay, something like scarlett usb 2.0 driver?(it's okay so?)
Képfeltöltés.hu - korlátlan ingyen tárhely képeidnek, regisztráció nélkül

2. I now use sonar x2. In setting I can't click on scarlett, the sonar show the scarlett but is gray, and can't choose it.

3. I had try the reaper DAW, there stay so: Képfeltöltés.hu - korlátlan ingyen tárhely képeidnek, regisztráció nélkül
When I insert the guitarrig in the reaper, then there is without "tapedeck, metronome,preset volume..." and no voice came out

4. Should I all disabled except the scarlett?

Hi there,

Sounds like you need to have the input/playback control in the wrong place. If you set it to Playback you should hear just the Guitar Rig output. If you set it to input you should just hear your dry guitar input.

Let me know how you get on with it and if you need anymore help, feel free to ask! :)

Miles

Miles: Yeah, after when I make on playback, everything works fine :D , but...

Now I have another problem. Everything works fine in first days, then the scarlett started random turning off and turning on (just like when I plug out and in the USB cable), but I do nothing. The problem happens in one hour maybe 1 time, but somtimes more often(yesterday one period was really bad, in every 10 sec make on/off, than I pull out the cable) and sometimes after "off/on" the scarlett think, the USB port is 1.1, then I pull out/in, and again without problem. Later I'm thinking, what makes that, and I remembered, that I bought RCA cable, to switch my stereo amp with scarlett. When I today use the scarlett, again with my headphone, instead of RCA and amp...the problem not happened.

The RCA cables I put in "unbalanced" 1 and 2, when I put in 3 and 4 there is no voice. http://i1.ytimg.com/vi/UFh4Di5hJ_Q/maxresdefault.jpg
What do you think? What makes the problem? I first think, the USB cabel, but with headphone works fine. Can the RCA or maybe the stereo AMP make some trouble, extra tension or something else? And with using RCA cable, the USB cable is very sensitive, when I just a little touching, the connection is gone. Without RCA, I try a little touching, and nothing happen, it's stable.
Maybe I should buy 2 RCA->JACK cable, then put in balanced out?

"Maybe I should buy 2 RCA->JACK cable, then put in balanced out?"

Not sure what that means! Anyway, clucking about with audio cables is not going to do jack S to sort the usb dropout.

First off, not all usb cables are the same! Some cheap ***t that work a MIDI keyboard fine might not work so well with an interface. In fact AIs are very demanding of usb systems....
My NI KA 6 works faultlessly with any 3mtr or shorter usb cable I use, even a cheap ass' jobbie from RockBottom.
Only one of my 5mtr cables will work on a P4 XP machine but both will work on W7/64! Five mtrs is I agree the protocol limit.

So, use the shortest and best cable you can and use a usb port on its own, i.e. one of a pair (you could probably share with a mouse say but fly it solo first.)*
*Actually it would probably be better to share, if you have to, with a usb memory stick? Just don't pull or push files AND run the AI!

Just found you are running a desktop? A PCI/PCIe usb card is a really good idea and they are pretty cheap. Just get usb 2.0 NOT usb +FW or usb 3.0, tho'the latter SHOULD be ok, I prefer to K.I.S.Sir!

Dave.

"Maybe I should buy 2 RCA->JACK cable, then put in balanced out?"

Not sure what that means! Anyway, clucking about with audio cables is not going to do jack S to sort the usb dropout.

First off, not all usb cables are the same! Some cheap ***t that work a MIDI keyboard fine might not work so well with an interface. In fact AIs are very demanding of usb systems....
My NI KA 6 works faultlessly with any 3mtr or shorter usb cable I use, even a cheap ass' jobbie from RockBottom.
Only one of my 5mtr cables will work on a P4 XP machine but both will work on W7/64! Five mtrs is I agree the protocol limit.

So, use the shortest and best cable you can and use a usb port on its own, i.e. one of a pair (you could probably share with a mouse say but fly it solo first.)*
*Actually it would probably be better to share, if you have to, with a usb memory stick? Just don't pull or push files AND run the AI!

Just found you are running a desktop? A PCI/PCIe usb card is a really good idea and they are pretty cheap. Just get usb 2.0 NOT usb +FW or usb 3.0, tho'the latter SHOULD be ok, I prefer to K.I.S.Sir!

Dave.

Yeah, second that. I don't think the Scarlett is gonna work right on a USB1.1 port.

"Maybe I should buy 2 RCA->JACK cable, then put in balanced out?" I mean this http://www.guitariste.com/share/ach...cable-monster-rcajack-4-m-la-paire-105471.jpg instead of simple RCA cable...and with this connected my stereo amplifier.

I know this is nonsense, that the simple RCA cable (or my stereo amp) make a trouble with my USB connection on scarlett, but I've no any idea, what other thing make this trouble. Today alltime I'd use without rca (just with my headphone), and there was no trouble. Wich USB cable is this, that one time works and one time not, one time detect USB2.0 later 1.1...? I think the USB cable is ok, 0,5 meter long is (but I will buy another if it's help...but not sure it will help). My USB port is definiatly 2.0, I've checked in AIDA64 Képfeltöltés.hu - korlátlan ingyen tárhely képeidnek, regisztráció nélkül
Yeah, I use desktop computer, under win7/64.

So which cable prefer you for switching my stereo amplifier and scarlett? Better RCA to RCA on "unbalanced line outputs"? Or with RCA to jack cable on balanced outputs?
http://i1.ytimg.com/vi/UFh4Di5hJ_Q/maxresdefault.jpg

Thanks for the answres, I hope you'll understand my words :)

Last edited:
Back