SBLive Noise

scottn5388

I have a SBLive and an Audiophile 2496. I try to use the audiophile for everything, but when recording drums I have to use the SBLive too. I've noticed that the SBLive has seemed to have gotten noisier. Is this possible? It used to be pretty quiet...but recently it seems as though the noise has increased. I've done lot's of tests and it's not my cables or pre-amps. Could it be a driver related problem? Or is the card dyin' on me?

Thanks For Your Help,
Scott

It could be your ears getting used to the better SNR of the Audiophile.

Whatever it is you wont really be able to use both cards to record at the same time. That requires that the cards be synced and it requires a special cable. Sometimes you can do that with recording cards from the same manufacturer but not with SB cards.

You may be able to get a signal on all the inputs but the tracks will drift over time when you go to play them back.

Thanks guys...

Sorry if I wasn't clear about the problem.

I havn't had a problem in the past with them slowly becoming out of sync. It could very possibly be my ears getting used to higher quality sound. I will try a diver update...if it doesn't work it'll give me a good excuse to buy a new sound card. What does everyone think of the Q10? I like the idea that it already has preamps.

Thanks Again,
Scott

scottn5388 said:
Thanks guys...

Sorry if I wasn't clear about the problem.

I havn't had a problem in the past with them slowly becoming out of sync. It could very possibly be my ears getting used to higher quality sound. I will try a diver update...if it doesn't work it'll give me a good excuse to buy a new sound card. What does everyone think of the Q10? I like the idea that it already has preamps.

Thanks Again,
Scott

Why an Aardvark? You already have the Audiophile - just go with something like the Delta 1010. M-Audio drivers allow multiple Delta cards to be synced together through SPDIF.

I just liked the idea of the built in pre-amps...i guess the price would be similar if i got the 1010 and a few audiobuddys.

Back