SB Live recordings

dreamon999

Hey all,

Has anyone got a link to a sample file of live music (microphone) recorded through a soundblaster Live? I haven't really gotten a clear answer as to how good the quality is, and would like to hear a sample for myself.

Cheers,

sid

By the way, I hate this sound card. If it's all you have, you can work with it but I sure as hell wouldn't buy a new one.

That sounded quite good.; could you tell me a bit more about the specifics of the equipment with and in the manner in which you recorded this track?

Drum machine went in first, then a bass line (Hughs & Kettner BATT preamp) direct, then guitars (a Peavey tube combo amp, I don't recall the model and a 59 Strat) mic-ed witha 57 on the front and back of the cab thru a Mackie 1202VLZ. Keys were direct. Vocal was a AKG C-3000 thru a Mackie 1202VLZ preamp. Pretty minamal.

Track rat: Is it necesary to run the mics through a pre-amp/mixer first, or can you plug them straight into the card?

The SB Live is a $30 card, don't sweat the purchase. If it's all you can afford, then it's definately what you should get.

Slackmaster 2000

Thanks Track Rat, the newest of those tunes is about 2 years old by now. Hopefully, by the time I post some new ones I'll have picked up a few more skills. :)

Actually the SB did ok, but the midi wasn't very tight after loading a few soundfont banks.

Back