Say no More by RAMI

bart2712

Rami uploaded the tracks a few years ago for this song he did.

I liked it, and so I had a go at mixing it...here is the results.

Hope y'all like it...lemme know what you think.

From having heard some of his other songs, I'd guess that your biggest changes to the mix from stuff he normally does is louder rhythm guitars during the verses (and maybe something different with the panning, I can't really tell with my shitty speakers) and a quieter kick drum.

Mix is good. The rhythm guitars are pretty far in the front so I tended to focus on them, but they sound really good- the two parts played at the timing that they're played go really well together. More kick drum, though.

Holy jumping blast from the past, Bart!!!!!!

Man, how long ago did I upload these tracks? It's got to be about 4 year ago.

This is very cool. There are many aspects about this that I like better than mine, from what I remember. I like the up front guitars. I think the snare is a good volume, but I think the rest of the kit, especially the kik, should be louder. A funky tune like this needs that bass drum.

Thanx for putting this up, it brings back memories. :cool:

Yeah, man...I just checked, it was on the second to last page in Mix This...posted in Oct. 2012, so yea, almost 4 years ago...but I thought it was a cool tune so decided to mix it for practice.

The drum kit did take some fiddling to get it sounding the way I did, especially since drum kit in your tracks was just kik, snare, and OH...if I turned up the OH, the main thing I got was more snare.

I had the kick up louder at first but then somehow thought maybe it was too loud, so turned it down a bit lol...but yet, i turned up the bass haha.

I think a big part of the overall sound of this mix came from the use of eq and tape saturation on the main bus, although I did do quite a bit more than that to it overall.

I don't find them distant, personally. But then again, they're my vocals so I probably will never find them distant enough. :D

For me, this is a great mix and would be perfect with a louder kik drum. Don't be scared to try flipping the phase on the kik, or lining it up with the overheads. Often, that brings the fullness right out.

Could be my system I am listening on...I have been told my mixes are vox heavy when I think they sit perfectly when listening on it. I do think a little more kick would help too.

ok so i tried a bit different EQ on the kick to give it a bit more thump and upped the overall level on it.

Here's the new mix with modified kick drum...

Back